1. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis beginning August 1, until the program is full. Please email your resume to Rabbi Melissa Heller, Director of Admissions and Recruitment. Please email your resume by October 13th.
2. Upon reviewing all applications, the College extends invitations to selected applicants. Prospective students attend the Institute at no cost.
3. We select participants based on the following criteria: We want to bring together a diverse group of individuals who are seriously considering the College and the rabbinate, who show potential to contribute to the overall Institute experience, and who show promise as RRC students and as rabbis. Applicants must self-identify as Jews and have a Bachelor's degree (or its equivalent) or be enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program. Early applications will be given first priority.
4. Space is limited. A waiting list will be formed after we complete the selection process. If you don’t receive an invitation this year, you are welcome to re-apply in future years. The Institute is a wonderful opportunity to become acquainted with the College, but attending the Institute is not a pre-requisite to applying to the College’s rabbinical program and has no impact on the results of the application process.
5. Travel subsidies are available for Institute participants (only) to help cover transportation expenses. Subsidies will be announced when applicants are notified of their selection. Subsidies normally range from $150 to $500. Travel subsidies may only be used for travel to and from Philadelphia.
6. We encourage partners of participants to attend the Institute and to sit-in on all Institute programs. We ask partners to pay a registration fee of $150 to cover additional costs.
7. Please address any questions to Rabbi Melissa Heller, Director of Admissions and Recruitment, at 215.576.0800, ext. 123, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.