Request edit access
TiE Young Entrepreneur Seattle Application Form 2019-2020 - High School Students only
TiE Young Entrepreneurs (TYE) is a global program dedicated to fostering future generations of industry leaders by teaching high school students the rewards and challenges of becoming an entrepreneur. TYE is an "Entrepreneurship Academy," where student teams utilize modern skills and tools to build a concept using the lean startup methodology of understanding the process of ideation, validating product market-fit and developing a minimum-viable-product.
Each TiE Seattle Young Entrepreneur will have the opportunity to:
1. Build a real startup with a team
2. Participate in a rigorous business curriculum proven over 10+ years
3. Develop confidence and leadership skills
4. Learn directly from startup founders and industry experts
5. Collaborate with other students passionate about STEM and business
6. Connect with a dedicated mentor who will coach their team
The teams will compete for $2.5k in seed funding(and total of $5k in prizes) and the opportunity to represent Seattle at the TYE Global Competition where they can win an additional $5k in funding.
Who should apply? Any 9th -12th grade student interested in entrepreneurship, STEM or business may apply to participate!
1. TYE 2019-2020 “Intro to Entrepreneurship” will comprise of 7 classroom sessions where students learn the lean startup methodology of developing businesses and products, which aims to shorten the product development cycles and rapidly discover if a proposed business is viable. The kickoff for this session will be held on 28th September from 9 a.m to 3 p.m at Microsoft Building 43, Redmond, and regular classes will be held on Wednesdays from 7-9.30 p.m. from 2nd October through Thanksgiving. This course will culminate in a pitch event (no competition) where students will showcase their ideas to Seattle's top entrepreneurs. The fees for this class is $250 and is due along with the application. The Cohort size will be no more than 50 students; Select 25 Students from “Intro to Entrepreneurship” will progress to TYE “Build”.
2. TYE 2019-2020 "Build" will begin on 4th December, 2020. Students will form into teams while finalizing their startup ideas. These teams will work to validate product-market fit, create their product MVP (minimum viable product) and ultimately compete at TYE Seatttle's Regional Finals in April 2020. Classes will be held on Wednesdays from 7-9 p.m. Fees for "Build" is $350 in addition to the fees outlined for the "Intro" program and will be collected in November 2019 post student selection. Winners of the Regional finals will be offered the chance to compete at the TYE Globals Competition.
3. TYE 2019-2020 "Launch" (for Students graduated from “Build”) and "Scale" (for students who have graduated from “Launch”) will begin in September and the schedule will follow as outlined above for the “Intro” course. "Launch" and "Scale" will follow a mentorship format where teams will work on product development and go-to-market activities under the guidance of a TiE Mentor. Fees for "Launch" and "Scale" are $600 respectively.
4. Applications will be accepted until the 2019-2020 Cohort is filled; Deadline for submission of applications is 23rd September and students will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. emails confirming enrollment will be sent on Thursday, 1st August 2019.
5. The fees will be payable here
. Your application will be complete only when payment is made. Financial aid is available. Financial status or a need for financial aid will not affect your chances of selection. You will be asked to add a $25 late fee to the program fee for late payments. No refunds will be given for dropouts post 1st August 2019, however, funds may be applied towards future cohorts.
Deadline for Application Submission: Monday, 23rd September 2019
Page 1 of 6
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of TiE Seattle.
Terms of Service