Request edit access
Digital Central Asian Archaeology Collection Rights Clearance Survey
The Library at the Institute for the Study of the Ancient World is building a digital library of out-of-print and/or not widely-held scholarly material on the history, the culture, and, in particular, the archaeology of ancient Central Asia, called the Digital Central Asian Archaeology Collection (DCAA). The current collection can be seen at this link:
This webform is an invitation to scholars to suggest previously digitized material for possible inclusion in the DCAA. For more information about this initiative, please email
The ISAW Library may legally publish scholarly material through the DCAA that satisfies any of the following criteria:
1. Works that are considered to be in the public domain under U.S. copyright law (anything published in 1923 or earlier, and works published in the Soviet Union from 1923-1972);
2. Works published before 1960 that may still be covered by copyright, but that may be made available on a non-commercial basis for research and educational purposes under fair use; and
3. Works of any publication date for which you are, or are in contact with, the copyright holder, and for which you can provide or obtain written permission for inclusion in the collection.
If the rights to works in categories #2 and #3 are cleared, they will be posted with a takedown notice (like the one shown here:
). At this time, we are not considering for inclusion works published from 1961-present, unless explicit permission can be granted by the rightsholder (i.e., category #3).
If you (a) know of any material that is in scope and merits inclusion; and (b) have reason to believe that it could be made available legally through the ISAW Library’s DCAA on the basis of the criteria above, please submit the basic bibliographic and rights information via this webform. The ISAW Library team will review and respond to each submission.
If you have any questions pertaining to rights, please contact Patrick J. Burns at
with the subject line “DCAA Rights query”. For more information about the ISAW Library, visit
Date of Publication
Language of publication
Date of Death of the Author (if known)
Rights category (if known)
1. U.S. public domain (inc. all works published before 1923)
2. Under copyright; published before 1960
3. Works of any publication date after 1923 for which you are, or are in contact with, the copyright holder, and for which you can provide or obtain written permission for inclusion in the collection
4. Under copyright; published 1960 or after
Rights information comment (if you chose #5 'Other' above)
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of New York University.
Terms of Service