The Office of Service Leadership is currently conducting search processes to identify passionate, motivated, and energetic student leaders to serve as Social Change Coordinators for the 2014 - 2015 academic year. We are recruiting for the following positions:
Alternative Break Leadership Experience Coordinator: We are looking for 4 Alternative Break Leadership Experience Coordinators who will be in charge of the overall recruitment, planning, and leadership of one of our Alternative Break Leadership Experience (ABLE) Programs. These coordinators will also oversee and assist the Office of Service Leadership Staff in the administration of trip logistics, such as recruitment, email communications with the team, and co-instructing the LDR 200 preparation course for your particular program. We are looking for coordinators for New Orleans, San Francisco, Haiti, and Atlanta.
Service Corps Coordinator: We are looking for 8 Service Corps Coordinators will work in pairs to oversee the day to day management of one of our four mentorship programs. This position will recruit, oversee, and lead a team of Concordia student volunteers in mentorship at a local NE Portland after-school program. This position will work with a partner to plan and implement programming related to their specific corp theme. The four programs are athlete corps, green corps, health care corps, and performing arts corps.
National Days of Service Coordinator: We are looking for 2 National Days of Service Coordinators who will coordinate and oversee the logistical set up to all large-scale days of service such as (CU Make a Difference Day, MLK Jr. Day of Service, New Student Day of Service, etc.) This position will also be primarily responsible for recruitment for all national days of service and partnering with Office of Service Leadership staff to implement these events within the CU community.
Service Experience Team Coordinator: We are looking for 3 service experience team coordinators who will work with a specific non-profit organization to create meaningful service experiences for students from the CU community. These coordinators will be responsible to create, advertise, recruit, and produce their weekly and monthly volunteer programs in conjunction with their particular organization. These coordinators work with Bridgetown Inc, Oregon Food Bank, and Habitat for Humanity.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
• Must be in good standing with the university
• Must maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA and 2.25 semester GPA
• Must be enrolled as a full-time student (taking a minimum of 12 semester credits)
• Must not have already been selected for another CU Student Leadership position
How to Apply:
1. Each applicant must fully complete a 2015 – 2016 Social Change Coordinator Application.
2. Each applicant must request a reference to be completed by a Concordia University Staff or Faculty Member. Here is the link to the Faculty/Staff reference: www.tinyurl.com/sccreference.
3. Upon completion and submission of a Social Change Coordinator application, each applicant must sign-up for an individual interview time in the Office of Service Leadership by February 21st.
Social Change Coordinator Selection Timeline:
• January 26, 2015: Applications and Job Descriptions Available
• February 20, 2015: Social Change Coordinator Applications Due
• February – March 5: Individual Interviews (Must sign-up for an interview time by February 21st in the OSL)
• March 7: Notification of 2014 -2015 Social Change Coordinator Team
• March 14: Deadline for confirmation of position offers
Still have questions? Amy Dickerson at email@example.com or 503-280-8679.