Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a Pennsylvania SPCA Foster Parent! By bringing home foster animals, you're not only giving them a warm, loving temporary home to relax in, but you're also creating space in our shelter for us to save even more animals.
We utilize foster care to send animals who need a little extra TLC into homes. These animals may be:
- Orphaned neonatal animals (under 8 weeks of age)
- Nursing moms with litters
- Dogs/Cats who are stressed and not thriving in the shelter
- Dogs/Cats with medical needs
- Dogs/Cats with behavioral needs
- Animals who are under protective custody via our Humane Law Enforcement Team
If you have any questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to contact our foster coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that foster parents must be at least 18 years of age to participate in our program.
We do ask that foster parents reside within 40 miles of our location (350 E Erie Ave., Philadelphia PA)*
Thanks so much, and we look forward to meeting you all soon!