Request edit access
Survey of teachers of higher mathematics
We ask you to participate in a survey conducted to study your attitude to the process of teaching higher mathematics at technical higher education institutions. Your answers will help to develop recommendations for solving the problems fо the teaching staff.
an associate professor;
2. Work experience as a teacher of mathematics at technical institutions of higher education:
a pedagogical institution of higher education;
a classical institution of higher education;
a technical institution of higher education.
4. How do you think how important is the teaching of mathematics in the training of future specialists in the technical field? The rate on a scale from 0 to 10 (where 0 is not significant, 10 is extremely important).
5. Which of the tasks you would have chosen as a task of mathematical education for bachelors of technical institutions of higher education:
development of the ability to build and explore mathematical models;
formation of mathematical, logical and system thinking, their application for the study of complex problems of different nature, methods and approaches for solving theoretical and applied problems in various subject areas;
mastering the ability to implement high-performance computing based on cloud services and technologies;
6. What, in your opinion, does "understand the essence of the mathematical concept" mean for a student to:
to know his definition;
to know that such a concept exists;
to be able to apply it when solving problems in different fields;
to know how this concept is related to another material of mathematics, to know the formulas associated with it;
7. What do you think is the most important result of the student's understanding of the use of heuristic methods for analysis, synthesis, analysis through synthesis, classification, compilation and systematization, etc.:
student's ability to transfer the properties of some objects to others;
ability to compile and use algorithms;
ability to detect patterns of random phenomena and build logical conclusions;
ability to develop options for solving tasks and choose the most rational ones;
8. Involvement of students of technical universities in the creation of projects on higher mathematics, in your opinion, is aimed primarily at:
achievement of specific goals (development of analytical, critical, creative and design thinking, stimulation of motivation, etc.);
development of key competencies (ability to apply natural sciences, mathematical and engineering knowledge in practice, ability to formulate and solve engineering problems, implementation of the process of continuity and applied orientation);
formation of research skills (identification and formulation of the problem, hypothesis, collection of necessary information, implementation of various types of research work, analysis and synthesis of the results obtained, etc.);
9. Do you understand and demonstrate the connection of each subject taught with the disciplines of professional orientation to students?
yes, I always understand and demonstrate;
not always, sometimes I do not understand;
I do not see the connection;
I almost do not show it.
10. How do you demonstrate the experience of studying each topic for students of technical specialties?
during the lecture I give examples of the application of the mathematical apparatus being studied in one or another technical field;
during practical classes we solve professionally oriented tasks, investigate mathematical models;
during their independent work, students are looking for the fields of use of the mathematical apparatus;
11. Do you keep in touch with teachers from graduating departments in order to identify and understand the competencies necessary for your students' future professional activities?
I do not support at all.
12. Do you use free software in the study of math, including cloud technologies:- I apply constantly, offer to students as systems of computational mathematics and sites with the most expedient to this topic online calculators;
I use sometimes, mostly the system of computer mathematics;
I apply sometimes, mostly cloud-based online services;
I almost do not apply.
13. What problems do you encounter while teaching mathematics to students of technical specialties?
I do not always understand what level of complexity of a material should be offered to students of a particular technical specialty;
I do not always understand at what stage of studying the material students should be offered examples of its use in the technical field;
I do not always understand how to demonstrate the expediency of studying this or that topic for the future professional activity of students;
I do not always understand what competence should be formed in students during the study of mathematics;
I do not have an appropriate online environment where I could get answers to the actual questions for me;
14. Do you think that the presence of a certain online environment in which a teacher of higher mathematics would be able to get answers to the actual questions to him would significantly improve his work:
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service