Our expectations are:
1. Rent for one quarter-acre plot: $1200 for the first year.
2. You must be a resident of the state of California.
3. The plot must maintain an organic production system, which follows organic practices set by the USDA National Organic Program for production, handling, and labeling standards. Organic agriculture relies on non-toxic (i.e. non-synthetic or engineered chemical) methods and preventative practices for the abatement of weeds, pests, and diseases while preserving biodiversity, promoting ecological balance, and recycling on-farm resources.
4. Water consumption cost: You must monitor your water consumption and pay for use. For your reference, water usage is roughly $500-1000 per month depending on irrigation method.
5. You must create a business plan that highlights your (A) objectives and mission, (B) budget with farm finances, cost of production, and sales venues, (C) field plan for planting, crop selection, and harvesting, (D) food safety methods, (E) soil management practices, and (F) irrigation methods.
This form must be completed entirely with all documents to be considered by September 28, 2018.