Last updated 5/20/2021
I agree to abide by all the policies of A Place For Us and assume full responsibility for all of my actions as a participant or as the legal guardian of a participant in this program. I recognize that if at any time I or my child break any policy of A Place For Us, I or my child may be removed from the program and I or my child will assume total liability for any consequences of my or my child’s actions. In signing this form,To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, I waive and release A Place For Us with respect to any and all claims I have or may have against a Place for Us. I or my child shall at all times comply with all policies and procedures of a Place for Us as in effect or as amended from time to time. These policies (https://forms.gle/Vb6qtjx4jw6Fhe5K8
) include but are not limited to the following:
1. Mentees under the age of 18 must ask their parents or guardians to review this policy and accept all terms on their behalf. Mentees under the age of 18 can only participate in A Place For Us with the consent of their parent or guardian.
2. Mentees agree to participate in virtual mentoring services conducted over video and/or phone at least twice a month for one school year.
3. Mentees will not meet in person with their mentors at any point in the A Place For Us program, while the COVID-19 Restrictions are in place nationally.
4. Mentees will not record any meeting without the express written permission of their legal guardians and their mentors, in accordance with state law. Any recordings abiding by these standards should not be made available to anyone other than the mentee recording and should be used only for mentees’ educational purposes.
5. Students are expected to be fully honest with the A Place For Us program about their experiences with their mentors and should uphold proper standards of conduct in the context of their participation. They will report any concerns that they have about interactions with tutors or potential policy violations by mentors to A Place For Us.
6. Mentees will treat their mentor with respect by be willing to try new activities with their mentor, being on time for meetings or communicating if they need to reschedule, and respecting their mentor's time outside of mentor sessions, etc.
I acknowledge that I have read, understand, and agree to A Place For Us legal policies, as written on its website (https://aplaceforusdisability.org/about/
A Place For Us and its organizers act on a purely voluntary basis and do not receive any compensation for the services offered or provided herein. We rely on third party volunteers to provide mentoring services. We rely in good faith on the information mentors have provided us about their backgrounds, credentials, qualifications, abilities, and aptitudes, which we have not independently sought to verify. We do not guarantee any educational results. We have instructed our mentors not to seek in person contact with mentees while restrictions of COVID-19 are in place nationally. Mentors and mentees have been instructed to not record mentoring sessions unless they have the expressed written permission of all parties involved, including the mentee's legal guardians. However, we do not monitor the interaction between mentors and mentees; this is a private interaction, and we rely upon the mentors to comport themselves appropriately within the bounds of our policies and any applicable law. If at any point, we determine that a mentor or mentee has violated our policies, they may be removed from our program. Please let us know if you suspect or know of any such violations immediately.