It is that time again to register for your Spring Weekend booth. Spring Weekend will be April 10 & 11, 2015 with Bandfest on April 10th. The theme for Spring Weekend is . Prizes will be given to the booth that best incorporates this theme. There is no charge for booths but if your booth is not left in the condition received, a $20 damage fee will be assessed. Please remember this is first come, first serve with booths - we only have room for 70-75 booths.
You may have noticed on the booth registration form that you can request a booth on April 10th during Bandfest. This option will not include electricity for your booth on Friday.
This is our 31st. year doing the Chili Cook Off. It is a great opportunity for your group to earn extra money. If there is not enough participation this year, it could be the last year for the Chili Cook Off at Spring Weekend. There is NO cost to you except you have to supply the charcoal, lighter fluid and matches. Everything is provided for you by Longwood Dining Services (beans, beef, spices, etc.) and it will be chopped & bagged for you also. Just write the recipe on the sheet provided and turn it in with your registration form. Below are the rules and regulations for the Chili Cook Off.
If you have any other questions concerning Spring Weekend, please feel free to either email or call the Student Union – x2103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chili Cook-off Information:
1. Longwood Dining Services will determine the amount of chili to be cooked after all the entries have been returned. Return your recipe to us and Longwood Dining Services will provide the rest.
2. The chili cook-off will take place on Lankford Mall between 9am – 11am on Saturday, 4/11.
3. Collection and judging will begin at 11:30am on Saturday, April 11. An impartial committee of Longwood faculty, staff, and administrators will judge chilies.
4. All chili ingredients will be brought over to the Lankford Mall by 8:30am.
5. 1st, 2nd, 3rd prizewinners will be announced from the Spring Weekend main stage at approximately 1:00pm. Cash prizes are 1st - $150, 2nd - $100, 3rd - $50.
6. You are responsible for providing the charcoal for the cooking pits. Longwood Dining Services will provide you with everything else that you need to make great chili.
7. Each group will serve its chili from its booth to the public.
8. Longwood University Dining Services will provide a pan and cooking utensils for each group. Details will be discussed at the April 7th at 4:00 pm meeting in the Student Union Ballroom.
9. Keep in mind: The STRANGER the recipe, the less of a chance of winning. Stick to traditional ingredients, good consistency and great flavor. You will need to taste the chili before the judges do.
10. Once you pick up your ingredients on Saturday and verify them- there will NOT be any extra ingredients given out.
GENERAL BOOTH INFORMATION:
1. There will be a mandatory meeting on Tuesday, April 7th at 4:00pm in the Student Union Ballroom to review and double check recipe ingredients, review contest details, and answer any questions. ALL ORGANIZATIONS REQUESTING A BOOTH, MUST ATTEND THIS MEETING.
2. Groups are encouraged to organize and decorate their booths according to the theme . 1st prize - $100, 2nd prize - $50, 3rd prize - $25. awarded for best-decorated booth.
4. If your organization is planning on participating in the Chili Cook-Off and/or having a booth, a representative from your organization MUST attend the meeting on April 7th.