Staff will be immersed in an outdoor setting, living and working closely with other staff members to lead girls ages 6-17 in activities that encourage personal growth and development. The summer season runs nine weeks in a 24-hour residential setting. Each staff member must be able to work and live in harmony with all other members of the staff team. The ability to deal with a variety of challenging and ever changing environments is a must.
We are looking for staff members who can demonstrate the following:
- Positive role modelling for younger children
- Be a team player
- Effective communication with supervisors and peers
- Sensitivity to cultures different from their own
- Enthusiasm and love for life
- Excitement to learn and grow as a leader
- Share and teach skills to children
- Ability to adjust any personal habits and behaviors, as necessary, to conform to the standards and expectations of Girl Scouts of New Mexico Trails and the American Camp Association.