Request edit access
Branded Content Project Application - Beta
Please read the following before filling out the application.
The Branded Content Project
Branded content uses the strength of storytelling to provide a valuable benefit to advertisers while increasing audience engagement and revenue for local media publishers. This powerful revenue stream is succeeding and growing for many media organizations and we know there is potential for more growth, more engagement and more success for publishers of all shapes and sizes. Through an innovative partnership between the Local Media Association, the Local Media Consortium and the Facebook Journalism Project, an application process has been opened to all media organizations interested in participating in a unique project focused on successful and sustainable branded content strategies. We are searching for Beta partners who are currently showing profitability, revenue growth and producing quality content. The application will close on October 21st, 2019.
Definition of Branded Content
For this project, we are defining branded content as any sales initiative that uses content to engage the user and is paid for by a client who participates as part of the content, helps supply the content or sponsors the content that is distributed across any platform. Native advertising articles, social videos with a sponsor tag or element, product placement, sponsored live events, sponsored collections of stories or paid video segments are examples and included inside our definition of branded content.
Requirements to participate in our Beta Group include:
- Willingness to share revenue, metrics, collateral and results with the industry via LMA and LMC
- Agreement to allow us to publish a case study showcasing results from your program
- Provide monthly progress updates and periodic comparative forecasts of results with/without effort in this project
- Provide marketing or promotional inventory
- Newsroom collaboration and acceptance
- Assign a communication point person
- Participation in calls and in-person meetings with the Beta Group (mandatory requirement)
- LMA and LMC approval of the publisher’s usage of grant money
Questions? Email Julia Campbell -
I agree to the requirements above:
All Beta partners will be required to provide revenue goals for the test phase in consultation with project manager Julia Campbell. Are you willing to do this?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service