Request edit access
English Paper II - Sept.13/12
Devendra, Pratipalsinh, Yashpalsinh, Bhumi, Nidhi
Your email id
Please give correct email id, if you want to receive your grades/marks in email
1. In which of the shakespearean comedies, the song, "sign no more ladies" occurs ?
As You Like It
Much Ado About Nothing
Measure for Measure
2. The Pilgrims in Chaucer's Prologue to the Canterbury Tales go to the pilgrims-age to the tomb of
St. Thomas A.Beckett
3. Spenser's The Shepherd's calendar is called a calender because:
It is an astrological Magazine
It was started by the union of the shephereds
It is a series of pastoral eclogues for every month of the year
None of the above
4. The good Angel and evil Angel appear in :
The Spanish Tragedy
5. In England, the theatres were closed in :
6. "An Horatian ode upon Cromwell's Return from Ireland" is written by :
7. Which of the following works of Dryden is a political satire ?
Absalon and Achitophel
All For Love
8. Moliere's Le Misanthrope has been adapted partly in...........
The Double Dealer
The Plain Dealer
The Way of the World
The Old Bachelor
9. The Restroration comedy is known as ........
the comedy of humours
the comedy of manners
the sentimental comedy
the anti-sentimental comedy
10.'Pandemonium' as described in The Paradise Lost is in..........
the human world
11.In which famous poem do we find the lines:
"Full many a gem of purest ray serene...........Full many a flower is born to blush unseen..........
"Ode to Evening"
"Elegy Written in Country churchyard"
"Ode to a Nightingale"
12. Who is the author of Moll Flanders ?
13. Who among the following popularised the heroic couplet ?
14. Who was written The Battle of the Book ?
15. In whose plays do we find the anti-sentimental reaction ?
16. Wordsworth's Prelude is :
17. "God made the country and man made the town." Who wrote this line ?
18. Who is the author of The Four Ages of Poetry ?
Thomas Love Peacock
19. "It is a truth universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of good fortune must be in want of a wife." In which novel of Jane Austen does this sentence occur ?
Pride and Prejudice
Sense and Sensibility
20. "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever." A verse tale of Keats begins with this line.
Identify the tale:
The Eve of St. Agnes
Eve of St. Mark
21. "God is in Heaven
All is right with the world !" In which poem do these lines occurs ?
The Last Ride Together
Rabbi Ben Ezra
My Last Douchess
22. Which of the following arrangements of the authors is in the correct chronological order according to their dates of birth ?
John Ruskin, Mathew Arnold, Thackeray, Browning
Thackeray, Browning, John Ruskin, Mathew Arnold
Browning, John Ruskin, Mathew Arnold, Thackeray
Mathew Arnold, Browning, Thackeray, John Ruskin
23. Which of the following author-book pair is correct ?
Idea of a University - John Newman
Modern Painters - George Eliot
News from Nowhere - Swinburne
Nightmare Abbey - Morris
24. In which poem do the following lines occur :
"Winter is come and gone But grief returns with the revolving year."
The Scholar Gypsy
25. Which of the following novels is called a "Novel without a Hero" ?
Mill on the Floss
A Tale of Two Cities
26. To which genre does The Murder in the Cathedral Belong ?
The theatre of the Absurd
27. Nothing has Changed since I Began; My eye has permitted no change"
These lines are form
Philip Larkin "The Whitsun Weddings"
Ted Hughe's "Hawk Roosting"
Thom Gunn's "In Time of Plague"
Dylan Thomas's "Fern Hill"
28. Scrutiny was an influential journal edited by
29. Leopald Bloom and Molly are characters in :
James Joyce's Ulysses
Aldous Huxley Brave New World
J. Conrad Nostromo
D.H.Lawrences's The White Peacock
30. "The apparition of these faces in the crowd : Petals on a wet, black bough."
The above lines are an example of the following
31.The term Kitchen sink drama applies to the works of :
32.Which of the following is not a non-fictional work by V.S .Naipaul?
An Area of Darkness
India:A Wounded Civilization
Among the Believers
A House For Biswas
33.Which of the following comes under the category of campus novel?
Lord of Flies
The News From Ireland
34.Name the Irish poet who has received the Nobel Prize:
35.Which of the following is not written by Iris Murdoch?
The Red and the Green
The Black Prize
The Sea,the Sea
The Radiant Way
36. The Last Labyrinth is a novel by:
Mulk Raj Anand
Ruth Praver Jhabwalla
37. Chinua Achebe's Things Fall A Part is a novel set in:
38. Karnad's Hayavadana is a play based on:
Samuel Beckett's Waiting For Godot
Thomas Mann's Transposed Heads
Albert Camus's The Outsider
Pirandello's Six Characters in Search of an Author
39. Summer in Calcutta is a Volume of poems by:
Agha Shahid Ali
40. Which of the following novels is by Patrick White?
The Famished Road
Oscar and Lucinola
41. Edward Said's Orientalism is related to the following field of studies:
42. Who distinguished between the primary and secondary imagination?
43. The New Critics believed that the literary text is:
a self-contained unit and is made up of only knowledge
historical and is related to social context
a social and historical product
influenced by the biographical context of the author
44. Name the critic who is associated With Reader-Response theory:
45. The terms 'writerly and readerly texts'were used by:
Claude Levi Strauss
46. Assonance is the repetition of:
None of the above
47. Choose the rhyme scheme of terza rima:
aba, bcb, cdc
48. Dactyl is a metre with:
one stressed syllable followed by two unstressed syllables
two unstressed syllable followed by one stressed syllable
a stressed syllable followed by an unstressed one
an unstressed syllable followed by a stressed one
49. Free verse or vers libre is:
Unrhymed iambic pentametre
not based on any metrical pattern
based on ballad metre
an arrangement of 7 syllables in each lines of a stanza
50. Shakespearean sonnet uses the following rhyme scheme:
abba, abba, cde, cde
abab, cdcd, efef, gg
abba, abba, cde, ded
abab, bcbc, cdcd, ee
A copy of your responses will be emailed to the address you provided.
Please complete the captcha before submitting the form.
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service