1. ALL applications are due by February 4, 2019, although we strongly recommend that you submit it sooner. Once you have submitted your application, a CLS staff member will inform you that we have received it. It is in your best interest that this application be submitted as soon as possible!
2. REFERENCES3 references are required.a) One from your pastor/campus minister/church workerb) One from a teacher or professorc) One of your own choosing (not a relative)**ALL 3 references MUST be submitted before an interview is set.**
3. INTERVIEWSa) To be considered for a position on the summer staff, each applicant must be interviewed.b) Interviews will only take place at Camp Lake Stephens, unless arranged otherwise with the Program Director.c) The interview will be an extension of the written application dealing with your Christian growth, your ability to relate to others, and your personal strengths and weaknesses.d) At the time of the interview, please be prepared to ask appropriate logistical questions, and CLS staff will answer questions you have about day-to-day operations of summer camp, and what the position you are interested in involves.
4. INTERVIEW WEEKENDSa) 12/15/18 (Application must be submitted by 12/10/18)b) 1/12/19 (Application must be submitted by 1/12/19)c) 2/9/19 (Application must be submitted by 2/4/19)d) Additional interview times may be granted for specific reasons or late applicants.
5. STAFF TRAININGMandatory training takes place May 14-24, and ALL Counselors and Program Staff members are required to attend the entirety of the training. Adventure Camp staff are required to arrive on May 13th for additional training. Counselors-in-Training are required to attend AT LEAST 1/2 of the training but are encouraged to attend more if possible.
6. Questions? Contact Program Director, Chap Fenwick, at firstname.lastname@example.org. He will be happy to answer any questions you have!
** NOTE: If positions remain open, the application date will be extended. Contact the camp office (662-234-3350) to see if spots remain! **