Thank you for your interest in our showcase! Thanks to the continued success of the event, we'll be adding a bit more to the mix this year. Here are all the basics:
- We will be able to accept a maximum of 11 groups for this year, since we will be committing a 3 hour block to the event, and we want to make sure to leave enough time for each group to set themselves up on stage. Any additional groups that apply will be wait-listed. There is no guarantee that you will be performing if you are wait-listed. Please be aware that participation in the 2018 showcase does not guarantee acceptance to the 2019 showcase.
- Each group can have a maximum of 9 participants.
- Each group will have a maximum of 10 minutes of performance time. You are free to fill this time entirely with music and dancing, or throw in some fun interactions with our audience to keep the energy high.
- We will be strongly discouraging duplicate songs for the event this year. Acceptance of set-lists will be done on a first-come, first-served basis (based on application date); so please, get your application and set list in as early as you can. A group with a duplicate song to an earlier group will be notified at the time of their acceptance into the Showcase, and asked to supply a replacement song. If you do not have your full setlist now, you can still apply, but we will require it no later than 7/1/19.
- On that note, all songs must be in MP3 format, and each song must be in a separate file. We will be requesting your files a few weeks out from the convention.
- If you're approved for the event, we will require your music at least 3 weeks prior to the show, failure to submit your music on time will result in your group forfeiting their slot.
- Your entire group will be expected to appear at the rehearsal on the morning of the event to go over lighting cues, and rehearse one song to get comfortable with the stage. Details on the day and time of the event will be sent out well before the convention weekend.
- You must show up to check-in/rehearsal times (at least one member of the group) otherwise your slot will be forfeited to a wait-listed group.
NEW FOR 2019: On the Sunday of the convention, we will be hosting an Idol Showcase Meet & Greet in one of our panel rooms. Each of our participants will be given some space in the room to set up a booth to meet fans, promote future performances and sell merchandise for your group. We believe that this is a great way to continue fostering the camaraderie between idol groups, as well as helping to continue bolstering the fan base for all of you. Even if you aren't selected to perform, you should absolutely make some time to stop in and hang out with fellow groups and fans.
If you have any questions about the event this year, please feel free to e-mail the Idol Showcase Coordinator, Adam Hennessy: firstname.lastname@example.org