For the purposes of this contract, the term TEACHER refers to any class teacher, ensemble leader, director, or other adult in charge. The term CLASS refers to any lesson, rehearsal, convocation, forum, or other scheduled event that takes place during the Exploratorium schedule.
Parents and students should read together this whole document, the completed form must be on file with Exploratorium before a student can attend classes on the first day.
NOTE: Each student is required to attend both presentations, and the second presentation occurs after the last class day of class! All Exploratorium students will be involved on both nights. Please ask if you have questions about these final presentations BEFORE you click the button indicating that you agree.
• All students are expected to attend the entire three-week term, including both final presentations and dress rehearsals.
• Any student who receives three or more tardies in a class/ensemble, or receives an unexcused absence is subject to removal from the class/ensemble, (including removal from the class/ensemble’s final presentation) with no full or partial refund, pending a decision made by the ACE Exploratorium administration.
• Students are expected to be on time for all classes and rehearsals. In the event that a student must be tardy or absent, a parent phone call is required before 9:00 a.m. on the day in question. Calls should be directed to the Exploratorium office; the voicemail number is listed above.
• Members of the Exploratorium community are expected to treat each other with respect; furthermore, the school is committed to providing a learning environment free of unlawful harassment. Prohibited unlawful harassment because of sex, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical conditions, age, sexual orientation or any other protected basis includes, but is not limited to, the following behavior:
==> Verbal conduct such as epithets, derogatory jokes or comments, slurs or unwanted sexual advances, invitations or comments
==> Visual conduct such as derogatory and/or sexually oriented posters, photography, cartoons, drawings or gestures.
==> Physical conduct such as assault, unwanted touching, blocking normal movement or interfering with work because of sex, race or any other protected bases
==> Threats and demands to submit to sexual requests as a condition to avoid loss, and/or offers of other benefits in retaliation for having reported or threatened to report harassment.
• Oakwood is a tobacco-free environment and the possession, use or distribution of tobacco, or tobacco products on school premises or at school events is prohibited.
• Any student found to be in possession of, or under the influence of a controlled substance is subject to immediate expulsion from the Exploratorium with no tuition refund.
• Any student found responsible for the damage or destruction of Exploratorium or Oakwood equipment will be financially responsible for the repair/replacement of said equipment, pending decision from Exploratorium administration.
• All students are expected to come prepared to each class, including the first day’s classes, with whatever materials are necessary for full participation. The teacher of each class/ensemble will make it clear what equipment is required of each student.
*note for Exploratorium music students• Instrumental music students are required to provide their own instrument, in good working order and ready to be played on the first day. Any necessary repairs or instrument rentals need to be taken care of in advance at the student’s expense.• Drummers: drum sets are provided, bring your own drumsticks. If you have your own cymbals, feel free to bring them.• Guitar/Bass players: amplifiers are provided; bring your own patch cords, picks and tuners!