The signatories on this petition believe that safety in Burnham-on-Sea is of paramount importance given the tragic death of Dylan Cecil and action needs to be taken sooner rather than later before another innocent life is taken from us.
Suggestions from the public as detailed below need to be taken seriously and acted upon now.
1. The slipway should be fenced of with gates at both ends and to be only used for the LIFE BOAT and other rescue services.
2. Improve the warning signs as the current signs are shameful.
3. Children need a 'compelling' reason not to wander towards the jetty / mud area / unclear waters to play.
4. Burnham needs a replacement paddling pool where parents can better monitor their kids.
5. Bring back activities on the beach like other UK beaches have including swing-boats and trampolines.