About the Job:
The Box Scene Project is getting ready to launch our newest effort, Fandom For Equality. We are working to bring multiple fandoms and fans together to amplify the dialogue surrounding the need for representational equality on television for LGBT/minority characters, actors and issues.
We need talented and active writers to cover popular network television shows, giving praise where it’s due and constructive criticism where necessary. This includes giving suggestions on how shows can improve in terms of representation and helping with lobbying efforts to actually make change.
Potential Post Ideas:
• Five ways _________ can reach representational equality next season
• The Top Five Examples/Moments of Representational Equality (Previous Season)
• Will Donna Ever Get An On-Screen Love-Interest? (Parks and Rec)
• Is It Still Representation If All The POC/LGBT Are In The Background (Glee)
• Is Olivia Pope Dating Too Many White Men? (Scandal)
• Elementary Addresses The “T” in LGBT. Pros and Cons (Elementary)
• Queer-Bating or Subplot? Why It Matters.
Initially, the blogging will be on a volunteer basis. However, we plan to make our blogger positions paid as soon as possible.
We currently have 5,000 members to whom your writing would be made available. You would also be listed as a contributor on the front page of the blog, with links back to any page that you desire.
If you are interested, please fill out the application below.