Request edit access
Samuel Huntington Pol-Soc Podcast Quiz
Complete the Quiz below and click 'submit'. You should get feedback and a score out of 50 immediately...
1. Huntington wrote the 'Clash of Civilizations' in the immediate aftermath of which major world history event?
The dropping of the Atomic Bomb
The Assassination of JFK
The end of the Cold War
The end of the English Civil War
2. The break up of the USSR meant a breakdown in the old world order. Look at the map below and identify the THREE accurate statements that follow.
The Dark Blue countries are part of the 'First World'
The' Second World' covers most of Africa
The only 'Second World' country in the 'Western Hemisphere' was Cuba
Western Europe was a part of the 2nd World
The 'non-aligned' Third World countries supported neither Liberal Democracy nor Communism
The 'First World' was Communist
3. Huntington identified 4 Phases in warfare. Which of the following was NOT one of those Phases?
Conflicts between 'Monarchs'
Conflicts between 'Peoples'
Conflicts between 'Ideologies'
The Game of Thrones
4. Complete the following Huntington quote: "The great divisions among humankind and the dominating source of conflict will be C___________. The fault lines between civilizations will be the battle lines of the future."
5. Which of the follow is NOT one of the 'Civilizations' identified by Huntington?
6. Huntington advised the US Government during the Vietnam War. What nickname was he given because of his support for the policy of "forced-draft urbanization" (bombing and defoliating jungle to force people to move to the city)?
The Constant Gardner
Efficient Military Planner Guy
7. Huntington points out that a 'Civilization' might include dozens of countries, or just one unique country. Look at Huntington's map of the '8 Civilizations' and name a Civilization that is only made up of 1 country.
8. Huntington and Said argued very strongly against one another. How did Said insult Huntington in "The Nation", a well know weekly magazine in the US? He called the his ideas the...
Clash of Silliness
Clash of the Ash
Clash of the Bands
Clash of Ignorance
9. Not all nations fit comfortably into one Civilization or another, and some shift from one Civilization to another over time. Huntington says Mexico and Turkey are an example of this phenomenon. What term does he give to describe these countries? T_________ S_________
10. One of the main reasons that Huntington thinks will make cultural clashes more likely is because 'the world is getting smaller'. Which statement below supports this view.
People rarely travel to other countries so only meet people like themselves. Their ignorance is bliss.
If you fly over lots of countries then you never really have to get to know them, meaning you can easily ignore them
More interaction between Civs increased awareness of differences between Civs and increased awareness of similarities within Civs.
Sure everyone speaks English now anyway, don't they...
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of The King's Hospital.