Request edit access
The 2020 Santa Cruz Sunrise Rotary Ride
Before riding, all riders in this year’s One Day Wonder Charity Ride must:
1. Register online at
2. Sign the following Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability and Release agreement (including the COVID-19 Compliance Plan that is incorporated into the agreement as Exhibit A)
3. Elect whether to ride in the actual Ride on October 3, 2020, or the virtual Ride (any course of any distance at any location and complete the ride on any day from September 26 through October 3), and
4. Carefully read the following agreement, follow the prompts given, and be sure to answer the COVID-19 questions between 6 and 8 p.m. on the evening before you ride
On our own but not alone, let’s ride!
Sign in to Google
to save your progress.
Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability and Release
I agree, warrant and covenant that I enter into this Assumption of Risk, Waiver of Liability and Release agreement including the Covid-19 Compliance Plan attached and incorporated as Exhibit A (collectively the “Release”) of my own free will and as follows:
1. Hazardous Activity Acknowledgment. I know that riding a street bicycle course is a potentially hazardous activity. By signing below, I certify that I am medically able and properly trained to complete this Rotary Club of Santa Cruz Sunrise (the “Club”) One Day Wonder cycling event (the “Ride”). I agree to abide by any decision of an event official regarding my ability to safely complete any portion of the Ride.
2. Assumption of Risk. I assume all risks associated with participating in this event including, but not limited to, falls, contact with other participants, the effects of weather, including high heat or humidity, traffic and road conditions, and the risk of contracting the illness COVID-19, caused by the Novel Coronavirus (“COVID-19”), or any other communicable disease, all such risks being known to and appreciated by me.
3. Waiver of Liability and Release. Having read this Release and knowing these facts and in consideration of your accepting this entry, I, for myself and for anyone entitled to act on my behalf, or for whom I am authorized to act, forever waive and release the Club, the sponsors, Rotary International, RunSignUp.com, BikeSignUp.com, Finish Line Productions, the City of Santa Cruz and the County of Santa Cruz, California, owners of property that the Ride traverses, or that participants may occupy during rest stops and each of their representatives, successors, and all officers, directors, agents, members, volunteers, and employees of the above-described individuals, organizations and entities (collectively the “Released Persons”) from any and all claims or liabilities, real or alleged, of any kind arising out of my participation in the Ride including without limitation the Claims set forth in section 4.4 of this Release, even though that liability or those Claims may arise out of negligence or carelessness on the part of persons named in this waiver. I grant permission to all the foregoing to use any photographs, motion pictures, digital or electronic recordings, or any other record of this event for any legitimate purpose.
4. COVID-19 Plan and Release.
4.1 Covid-19 Risk Acknowledgment. COVID-19 has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and health agencies recommend, among other things, physical distancing and the use of face covering and have, in many places, limited and placed conditions on the congregation of groups of people.
4.2. Agreement to Plan. The Club has adopted a COVID-19 Compliance Plan for this year’s Ride (the “Plan”) based on guidelines and requirements of the State of California, the California Department of Public Health, the City of Santa Cruz, and the County of Santa Cruz designed to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The Plan is incorporated as Exhibit A to this Release. While the Club anticipates that following the Plan will help reduce the spread of COVID-19, the Club cannot guarantee that participants will not be infected with COVID-19. In fact, because of unavoidably increased public contact, participating in a group ride could actually increase a participant’s risk of contracting COVID-19 when compared to sheltering-in-place or other activity options. Thus, each person desiring to participate in this year’s Ride must execute this Release as a condition of participation and elect whether to ride in the actual Ride on October 3, 2020, or to ride in the virtual Ride option (which allows each rider to pick their own course of any distance at any location and complete the ride on any day from September 26 through October 3) at their chosen location.
4.3 Representation, Warranty and Risk Assumption. By signing this Release, I represent and warrant that I am a participant in the Ride and that I have read and understand the Plan, and I am executing this Release in consideration of my being permitted to participate in the Ride. I acknowledge that I have been advised that COVID-19 is contagious and dangerous. In participating in the Ride, I voluntarily assume the full and complete risk that I may be exposed to and infected by COVID-19 during my participation, and that any resulting COVID-19 infection may result in my personal injury, illness, permanent disability, or death. I acknowledge and understand that the risk of becoming exposed to and infected by COVID-19 during the Ride may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, the Released Persons.
4.4 Release of Claims. I voluntarily agree to assume all risks of, and accept sole responsibility for, any and all injury to myself, including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, death, illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my participation in the Ride, or that may be experienced by any other person as relates to or arises from my infection by COVID-19 (together, “Claims”). On behalf of myself and my personal representatives, assigns, heirs, executors, successors, and next of kin, I hereby waive, release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless the Released Persons of and from the Claims, including without limitation all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs, or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating to the Claims, the Ride, or COVID-19, and I agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Club from and against any such Claims. I understand and agree that the release and indemnity included in this paragraph as well as the Release in general includes, without limitation, any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of any of the Released Persons, whether or not a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in the Ride or the Claims arise from an injury unrelated to COVID-19. I am familiar with, and agree to comply with, the requirements outlined in the Plan.
5. Medical Authorization and Consent. In the event of an illness, injury or medical emergency arising during the event I authorize and give my consent to the event director to secure from any accredited hospital, clinic or physician any treatment deemed necessary for my immediate care. I agree that I will be fully responsible for payment of any and all medical services and treatment rendered to me including but not limited to medical transport, medications, treatment and hospitalization.
6. Miscellaneous. I warrant that I am of legal age and competent to enter into this Release, that I have read this Release carefully, understand its terms and conditions, acknowledge that I will be giving up substantial legal rights by signing it (including the rights of my spouse, children, guardians, heirs and next of kin, and any legal and personal representatives, executors, administrators, successors and assigns), acknowledge that I have signed this Release without any inducement, assurance or guarantee, and intend for my signature to serve as confirmation of my complete and unconditional acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions of this Release. This Release supersedes any prior agreement and represents the complete understanding between the parties regarding these issues and no oral representations, statements or inducements have been made apart from this Release. If any provision of this Release is held to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this Release and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. No failure or delay in exercising any right will be considered a waiver of that right. This Release is governed in all respects by the laws of the State of California as they apply to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within California between California residents, without regard to conflict of law provisions. I consent to the personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts and tribunals located in Santa Cruz County, California.
Name of rider
Name of parent or adult guardian, if rider is a minor
Date on which I plan to ride
Saturday Oct 3rd
Route which I plan to ride.
Social Loop Route - 34 miles, 1,600 feel of climbing.
Mountain Route - 43 miles, 3,300 feet of climbing.
100K Route - 61 miles, 4,000 feet of climbing.
Virtual Ride - Your own route or one of the above on a day other than Oct 3, 2020
By checking this box, I acknowledge for myself (and as a parent or adult guardian for all children under 18 years for whom I register) having read and agreed to the terms of this Release.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service