Seeds in the Middle is dedicated to empowering and inspiring students, schools and communities. We believe the solutions to overcoming chronic and systemic food inequity are local.
We teach how to grow, market and cook fresh, recycle, get fit, engage in the arts and create sustainable, locally-driven solutions to food inequity and the health and educational disparities produced by such systemic injustices.
We value our volunteers who help Seeds in the Middle achieve our mission. We require everyone who takes part in our programs to follow Seeds in the Middle’s rules and procedures. The activities outlined below are strictly prohibited. Any participant or volunteer who violates this Code of Conduct is subject to discipline, up to and including removal from the program:
- Abusive language towards a staff member, volunteer or another participant.
- Possession or use of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs on property where Seeds in the Middle is operating; activities or reporting to any activity while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Bringing to any property where Seeds in the Middle (or program partner) is operating, any dangerous or unauthorized materials such as explosives, firearms, weapons or other similar items.
- Discourtesy or rudeness to a fellow participant, staff member or volunteer.
- Verbal, physical or visual harassment of another participant, staff member or volunteer.
- Actual or threatened violence toward any individual or group.
- Conduct endangering the life, safety, health or well-being of others.
- Failure to follow any of Seeds in the Middle’s policies or procedures.
- Bullying or taking unfair advantage of any participant.
- Failing to cooperate with a supervisor/leader/mentor.
- Sharing any confidential information about other volunteers or customers or participants without permission of Seeds in the Middle.
- Failing to follow any public health safety precautions as directed by managers or leaders of Seeds in the Middle, such as wearing of masks or gloves in activities.