Request edit access
Anticipated Absence Form
Thank you for recognizing that attendance at school is vitally important if students are to be successful in their studies. If your child must be absent for a reason other than those listed as approved by the Hoover City Schools Code of Conduct, you may request that the days missed be coded as excused. Please be aware of the following important information:
• Approval of your request is not guaranteed.
• Anticipated Absence(s) are considered parent notes (may not exceed 9 per year).
• Days requested cannot be excused if they will occur during state/district testing days, or if the allowable number of absences for the year has already been accumulated, or they will be accumulated due to the requested absence.
• Principals may advise against your child missing school due to low grades or prior attendance record.
• Parents and students are responsible for all missed work, and teachers have the authority to determine deadlines for missed work.
• Forms must be completed for each student and at each school.
• A completed Anticipated Absence Form MUST be submitted to the school office at least three (3) days in advance of the absence. This form is to be used for full day or partial day absences.
Full Day Absence
Dates of Absence
Partial Day Absence
Date and Time of Partial Day Absence
Number of Days Requested.
Current Absence Count =<15
Reason for Requesting an Anticipated Absence be Excused.
Send me a copy of my responses.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Hoover City Schools.