Volunteer Agreement and Release from liability
1. I agree to work with Cultivate Charlottesville as a volunteer and, as a volunteer, I understand that I will not be compensated for any time spent volunteering, nor am I entitled to benefits, including employment insurance benefits upon the termination of this agreement or as a result of this service.
2. I am aware that participation as a volunteer may require periods of standing, lifting, and a wide range of potentially abnormal and/or repetitive physical activity such as squatting, kneeling, pulling, pushing, chopping, cooking, and meal prep and other gardening activities that will require the exercise of reasonable care to avoid injury. I am voluntarily participating in this activity with knowledge of the hazards and potential dangers involved, and agree to assume any and all risks of personal injury and property damage.
3. As consideration for volunteering with Cultivate Charlottesville, I hereby agree that I, and my assignees, heirs, guardians, and legal representatives, will not make a claim against or sue Cultivate Charlottesville, or its employees, agents, contractors and partners for injury or damage resulting from the negligence, whether active or passive, or other acts, however caused, by any of its officers, employees, agents, contractors and partners (including, but not limited to, Charlottesville City Schools and CATEC) of Cultivate Charlottesville as a result of volunteering. I HEREBY RELEASE AND DISCHARGE CULTIVATE CHARLOTTESVILLE AND ITS OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND CONTRACTORS FROM ALL ACTIONS, CLAIMS, OR DEMANDS THAT I, MY HEIRS, GUARDIANS, AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES NOW HAVE, OR MAY HAVE IN THE FUTURE, FOR INJURY OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM MY PARTICIPATION IN THE PROJECT.
4. I UNDERSTAND THAT IF I AM INJURED IN THE COURSE OF ANY VOLUNTEERING, I AM NOT COVERED BY CULTIVATE CHARLOTTESVILLE WORKERS’ COMPENSATION PROGRAM. I authorize Cultivate Charlottesville to seek emergency medical treatment on my behalf in case of injury, accident or illness arising from my involvement as a volunteer. I understand that I will be responsible for medical costs incurred by such accident, illness or injury.
6. I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS AGREEMENT AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, AND BY PARTICIPATING IN VOLUNTEERING FOR CULTIVATE CHARLOTTESVILLE, I AGREE TO THESE TERMS OF MY OWN FREE WILL. If the volunteer is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must read and agree to the following: This release, its significance, and assumption of risk have been explained to and are understood by the minor.