Request edit access
Principal Nomination Form 2020 Koldyke Global Teachers Chicago Council on Global Affairs
The Koldyke Global Teachers program at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs will invest in the professional development of five high school teachers in the Chicago region by providing the opportunity for them to enhance and enrich their classroom experience through increased knowledge of global issues.
The aim of the Koldyke Global Teachers Program is to strengthen the global competency of the selected teachers, to increase the global citizenship of the school communities involved with the project, and to share best practices among global educators. Key learnings will be shared with the educator community in Chicago and the surrounding region.
The program will include access to Council events throughout the year, roundtable sessions on global competency resources, an international travel and study experience covered by a stipend of up to $5,000 per teacher, and a public program hosted by the Council in the 2020-2021 school year.
● January – February 2020: Principal nomination, deadline February 7
● February 24, 2020: Teacher application deadline, 9:00 a.m.
● Week of February 24, 2020: Finalists are selected and notified
● March 2020: Participants will begin attending Council programs and plan for travel and study experiences
● March 5, 2020: First quarterly meeting of Koldyke Global Teachers and orientation at 5:30 p.m. at Chicago Council on Global Affairs
● May 4: 5:30 p.m. public program for the 2019 Koldyke Global Teachers and area global educators
● June – August 2020: Koldyke Global Teachers take study visits
● September 2020: A debrief of visits and roundtable discussion on the state of global education in Chicago and what tools and resources are available
● Date TBD: The conclusion of the yearlong program with “Global Lessons,” a public program for school communities interested in increasing global education tools in their classrooms and communities.
All Council public programs will be available to the teachers and schools throughout the academic year. In addition, specialized opportunities will be available throughout the year, including access to special Council briefings and dinners.
The ideal teacher candidate should be:
● A self-starter, aiming to increase global competency in their high school classroom
● Able to make a positive impact in their school communities
● Passionate about improving global education
● Committed to the yearlong program and attend all meetings and events
● Committed to creating a template presentation about their experience in addition to a project, product, or outcome that can be shared with other educators
● Able to attend a Council program with students, as applicable
● A 1-year membership to the Council and ability to attend Council events
● $5,000 stipend per teacher, for a study trip to explore a region and global issue of personal interest during the summer of 2020
● Access to a community of globally minded teachers in the region
Nomination Deadline Extended: February 18.
Principal nomination of one teacher per high school: Deadline Feb. 18
1. Principal First Name:
2. Principal Last Name:
3. High School Name:
4. High School Type:
Chicago Public School
5. The number of years in school leadership at your current school?
6. Principal Email
7. Principal Phone Number
8. Educator Nominee Name
9. Educator Nominee Email
10. Subject Area
Please limit responses to 300 words.
11. Why do you think your nominee should become a Koldyke Global Teacher?
12. How could your school use the Koldyke Global Teachers program and the Chicago Council on Global Affairs to enhance student and classroom experiences?
Please finalize your nomination and hit the submit button below. Please contact Rachael Mizuno at the Council if you have any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of De La Salle Institute.