Here’s your chance to be part of a program that promotes youth leadership and conservation! The Student Conservation Association is a dynamic, nonprofit national organization which encourages and supports youth in hand-on service to the environment.
COMMUNITY PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
We are hiring Philadelphia PA, and Camden, NJ youth for our SCA Community Crew Programs.
This is a six week paid summer program for high school students between the ages of 15-19. Students work outdoors Monday - Friday 7:30a.m. to 3:15p.m. on a crew made up of 6- 12 students and 1-2 adult leaders per crew. Students will complete a variety of conservation/environmental projects outside in local community neighborhoods, national, state, and regional parks (EX: community gardening, trail restoration, and neighborhood revitalization ). Students also experience weekly environmental education field trips incorporated into the program. During the last week of the program students participate in a 2 day recreational camping trip.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
To participate in this program students are REQUIRED to:
- Attend a mandatory interview
- Attend a mandatory student parent orientation
- Complete all required SCA paper work
- Provide proof or a full physical
- Provide proof of local Residency
- Provide a copy of the following , SS card, state/school ID, Birth Certificate
**This Registration form is the 1st part of a 3 step application process!
1. Complete this Registration Form
2. Complete an interview
3. Attend a Orientation and complete enrollment paper work process