Home Girls Board Of Trustee Application
About Home Girls Unite
Home Girls Unite (HGU) is a UK based Grassroot organisation that provides a safe space and empowers eldest daughters from immigrant homes. We focus on helping our users through providing a platform where they can have open discussions. Our monthly events and weekly podcast, tackle a range of topics including parentification and setting boundaries. Our mission is to amplify the voice of eldest daughters and empower them to lead happier and healthier lives. Through healing & prioritising their wellbeing, we believe they can take ownership of their lives. You can read more about our work on Homegirlsunite.com.
The Role & Responsibilities
We are looking for eldest daughters join our Board of Trustees, helping strategically guide and advise our organisation.
• Attend between 4-6 meetings annually
• Work as a team to guide and direct our organisation.
• Responsible for the overall governance and strategic direction of the Home Girls
• Developing and supporting the organisations aims while ensuring we meet our legal and ethical obligations.
• Ensuring that Home Girls carries out our purpose for the benefit of our community and members
Skills and Experience
• A commitment to the mission and values of HGU
• Strategic vision
• Good, independent judgement
• An ability to think creatively
• A willingness to speak their mind
• An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
• An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and to take decisions for the good of HGU
To support our strategic plan applications are encouraged from those who have experience in:
1. Gender based violence including financial abuse.
2. Community engagement within diverse communities.
3. Income generation and fundraising.
4. Working with women and girls from immigrant backgrounds.
Benefits of being a trustee at Home Girls Unite
• You will be helping shape the future of our organisation.
• Gain experience at board level
• Be part of a fun and supportive team
• You will be offered a free “Thriving Babe” HGU membership during your time with us – worth £600 annually
• Free HGU Merch
• Be part of our amazing community of eldest daughters.
This is a volunteer role where expenses will be paid. The role is open to female applicants (Equality Act 2010) who are eldest daughters. As per legal requirements you must be 18 or over to be a trustee. You must not act as a trustee if you are disqualified (this includes those who are disqualified from being a company director, those who are bankrupt or have an individual voluntary arrangement (IVA), have an unspent conviction for certain offences, have been removed previous as a trustee from a charity, or who are on the sex offenders’ register). An enhanced DBS check will need to be taken (at the organisations expense) along with professional references. We’re working remotely and hosting Trustee meetings through Zoom. So, you can join us from anywhere in the UK.
How to apply
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are the best person suited for the role; please use our strategic plan, skills and experience lists as a guide of how you meet the organisational needs.
DEADLINE: 22nd July 2020
For more information on the role, please email us at (
First and last name
Are you an eldest daughter?
Are you part of the Home Girls Community?
Have you ever attended any Home Girls events?
Submit your resume
Submit your cover letter
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google. -
Terms of Service