To start an OSCA chapter in your community, please read the page carefully to fully understand who and what we are about.
To become a chapter lead for a new OSCA chapter: 1. Check the OSCA community page to confirm there are no other chapters in your area. If there is one, contact the organiser(s) and join in on the fun.
2. Read up on the OSCA Code of Conduct here:https://github.com/oscommunityafrica/docs/blob/master/src/OSCA_Code_of_Conduct.md
3. Select a name for your chapter that follows the OSCA Naming guidelines.
4. Submit the New Chapter Application Form. Make sure to include city and country for mapping purposes. Applications will be reviewed to ensure it’s a good fit.
5. Applicant: is over 18 years old; has genuine interest in Open source and a honest reason for starting an OSCA chapter; has a technical background, experience with Open source, some experience with event planning and/or is connected to the local developer community.
6. Desired chapter location doesn’t already have an OSCA chapter, and if it does, there is reason enough to start a new chapter.
7. Once your application is reviewed, we’ll reach out via mail to set up best time to set expectations and answer questions. Note: If the application isn’t a good fit, we’ll inform you via email.
8. After your application has been approved, the next step is to set up your chapter’s twitter page and alert us, make sure to follow the guidelines laid down here for logo, branding and co.
9. With your twitter page set up, we’ll add you to our communication channels
For more concerns and information, please send a mail to email@example.com