The Board will support the work of Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder and provide mission-based leadership, strategic governance and fundraising support. While day-to-day operations are led by TFKD/B’s Executive Director (ED), the Board-ED relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected.
• Be informed about the organization's mission, services, policies, and programs.
• Board Members are expected to attend the monthly meeting, typically the 3rd Thursday of the month, in SW Denver at 6:30 PM.
• Review agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings.
• Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization's annual financial statements.
• Attend special events as appointed.
• Take an active role in fundraising for the organization.
• Serve on committees, as needed, and volunteer in the Ride Program & Earn a Bike Program to know and understand their inner-workings.
• Make a personal financial contribution to the organization.
• Inform others about the organization.
• Suggest possible nominees to the board who can make significant contributions to the work of the board and the organization.
• Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization's field.
• Follow conflict-of-interest and confidentiality policies.
Board of Directors Terms:
• Two-year term limits, with option for up to 2 consecutive terms.
If you have any questions about this application or responsibilities of our board, please email Dave Cowan at email@example.com