All staff members working with the 2014 Summer Conference Program will need to meet the following general criteria and must be:
• Eligible to work for the University: registered as a full-time student for spring 2014 and fall 2014 classes.
• In good judicial standing.
• Able to maintain a professional demeanor and think critically under pressure.
• Able to operate a computer and be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
• Able to provide basic campus and Baltimore information to summer conference guests.
• Able to maintain confidentiality and work independently.
• Able to attend staff training between May 16-May 24.
• Able to work from May 16- August 7.
Specific Job Description:
• Provide professional, efficient, and courteous service to all University guests
• Maintain accurate paper and digital summer conference records
• Maintain a familiarity with on-campus and off-campus resources in order to assist guests
• Maintain constant communication with supervisors and University departments as necessary
o Report problems and emergencies to proper University officials
o Report maintenance and custodial problems in a timely manner
o Report suspicious or dangerous activity to Security
• Perform general office tasks: data entry, answering phones, faxing, copying
• Assist with the preparation of conference materials (brochures, keys, meal cards)
• Attend all mandatory training, staff meetings and work dates:
o Training: May 16 – May 24 (projected dates)
o Weekly staff meetings
o Mandatory work dates will be published prior to the beginning of the summer
• Make independent decisions for crises or problem intervention
• Assist guests with lock-outs
• Assist with check-ins and check-outs
• Assist with pre and post room inspections and perform daily inspections of common areas
• Ensure that reserved rooms have been arranged according to the reservation forms
• Complete room reservation set-ups
• Check A/V equipment
• Maintain accurate records of furnishings and equipment in common areas
o Work on-call shifts
o Assist with after-hours emergencies
o Relieve evening desk person for 30 minute dinner break
o Help with after-hours lock-outs
• Other duties as assigned
* For a detailed job description, please check the link at www.jhu.edu/hds
Please fill out the application and submit it by 5PM ON FRIDAY, MARCH 14 for first priority or 12 NOON ON MONDAY, MARCH 24 for second priority. Select candidates will be emailed to set up interviews for the week of March 24-28. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Thank you!