Request edit access
DRAFT YOUR OWN WILL
This is a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative by PW Tan & Associates (PWT).
A Will is a document which contains a person's intention on the distribution of his/her assets after death.
This Will is suitable for those who wish to distribute their estate in a manner different from the prescribed formula under Section 6 of Distribution Act 1958, which requires the distribution of the estate of a deceased without a Will to be done in the manner as follows:
- a spouse, child(ren) and parent(s) : parent(s) 1/2; spouse 1/4; child(ren) 1/2
- a spouse and parent(s) without child(ren) : parent(s) 1/2; spouse 1/2
- a spouse and child(ren) : parent(s) 2/3; spouse 1/3
- child(ren) and parent(s) without spouse : parent(s) 1/3; child(ren) 2/3
- no spouse, child(ren) or parent(s) : person(s) entitled are in accordance with priority of siblings, grandparent(s), uncles and aunts, great grandparent(s), great uncles and aunts and government
To make a valid Will, you must:
* be at least 18 years old and above;
* be of sound mind;
* have your signature witnessed by at least two (2) or more witnesses who will then sign the Will in your physical presence and in the physical presence of each other at the same time.
* The Witnesses shall be at least 18 years old and above and not be any of the beneficiary of your Will. It is advised that you get an independent third party to be your witness e.g. professionals.
Your usage of this Will template shall not in any manner establish a client-solicitors relationship between you and PWT unless a formal engagement has been made. You are advised to seek professional advice from a solicitor should you have any doubts, issues and questions. You are most welcome to make an appointment with us for a 1-to-1 legal consultation with our solicitor by:-
1. visiting our Facebook page at
2. emailing us at
Page 1 of 5
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service