D-Day Ohio, Inc. Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability Form
This Release and Waiver of Liability (the "release") executed on (date) ________ by (name of volunteer candidate) ____________________________________ _____ ("Volunteer") releases D-Day Ohio, Inc. , ("Nonprofit") a nonprofit corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Ohio and each of its directors, officers, employees, and agents.
I desire to provide volunteer services for D-Day Ohio, Inc. and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer. No compensation is expected in return for services provided and D-Day Ohio, Inc. will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to me, and that I am responsible for my own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of my services to D-Day Ohio, Inc.
1. Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless D-Day Ohio, Inc. and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims, and demands of whatever kind or nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to D-Day Ohio, Inc. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges D-Day Ohio, Inc. from any liability or claim that I may have against D-Day Ohio, Inc. with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death, or property damage that may result from the services I provide to D-Day Ohio, Inc. or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
2. Insurance: Further I understand that D-Day Ohio, Inc. does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health or disability benefits or insurance of any nature in the event of my injury, illness, death or damage to my property. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of D-Day Ohio, Inc. beyond what may be offered freely by D-Day Ohio, Inc. in the event of such injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
3. Medical Treatment: I hereby Release and forever discharge D-Day Ohio, Inc. from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any fit-aid treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with an emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with D-Day Ohio, Inc.
4. Assumption of Risk: I understand that the services I provide to D-Day Ohio, Inc. may include activities that may be hazardous to me involving inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume the risk of injury or harm form these activities and Release D-Day Ohio, Inc. from all liability for injury, illness, death or property damage resulting from the services I provide as a volunteer or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
5. Photographic Release: I grant and convey to D-Day Ohio, Inc. all right, title, and interests in any and all photographs, images, video, or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by D-Day Ohio, Inc. in connection with my providing volunteer services.
6. As a volunteer, I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the State of and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By signing below, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and Waiver of Liability willingly and voluntarily.