Request edit access
GrowNYC Fresh Connect Food Box Training Application
Friday, October 11, 2019
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
100 Gold St., New York, NY 10003
GrowNYC is happy to announce our fall 2019 Fresh Food Box Training. This free training is for nonprofit organizations interested in operating their own Fresh Food Box wholesale buying club for fresh, high-quality, local foods at below-retail prices. Customers pre-order bags one week in advance on the designated distribution day, and the next week pick up their Fresh Food Box share. Each share contains 6-10 seasonal fruits and vegetables, as well as information on how to store and prepare the produce they’ve received.
This training will cover:
- How to source farm-fresh foods in wholesale volumes via Greenmarket Co., GrowNYC's local food distribution program
- GrowNYC's Fresh Food Box best practices that can be adapted to meet the needs of your community
- Resources including manuals, order guides, and recordkeeping documents to help you operate a successful Food Box site
In order to operate a Fresh Food Box, organizations need the following capacity:
- 6-10 staff hours per week (for distribution, program administration, promotion, and bookkeeping)
- Accessible distribution location with good foot traffic
- Storage space for equipment (folding tables, tents, etc.)
Some organizations may be eligible for $10,000 in funding from the New York State Department of Ag and Markets to support the operation of your Fresh Food Box site.
Thank you for your interest in the GrowNYC Fresh Connect Food Box Training. Please fill out this brief questionnaire to request up to 2 tickets per organization.
Name of Organization / Community Group
Site address (or approximate location) where you plan to locate your Food Box program:
Why are you interested in starting a food box?
Do you currently operate health, wellness, nutrition, food access, or other similar programs?
If yes, please describe briefly:
Fresh Food Box needs a minimum of 25 customers every week to ensure all customers get the best combination of fresh fruit and vegetables, for great prices. Do you think your site has enough interest to meet this minimum, or could develop it?
Number of tickets requested:
Thank you! We will respond to your application promptly. For questions, please email Michelle Hernandez at
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This content is neither created nor endorsed by Google.
Terms of Service