• Receive a tuition scholarship for class credit in improv or sketch writing program
• Be able to see any improv/sketch show at the UCB Theatre Monday through Thursday for free while enrolled in class
• Have the chance to meet some of the most talented comedic performers in the country
The Application Process
The application has two steps. First, you fill out this application. Then we meet with selected applicants to see if our program is a good fit. Once we meet with all appropriate applicants we will decide based on the following criteria:
• They would contribute to racial, ethnic, age (over 35), sexual orientation, gender identity, or differently-abled diversity at the UCB Training Center in New York.
• They exhibit a genuine interest in comedy and/or improv performance, even if they have no previous experience.
• They work well in groups.
• They are an interesting person who will help make the UCB community a more awesome place.
Applying is not a guarantee that you will interviewed. Being granted an interview is not a guarantee that you will receive a scholarship. THIS APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY 11:59 PM EST WEDNESDAY August 7th 2013.
Scholarship recipients will have six months to use their free class credit. If you do not think you will be able to take a course in the next six months, or are not already in the NYC area, please apply at a later date.
If you have any questions about this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org