Do you think you and your social enterprise have what it takes to be part of an Impact Academy Accelerator?
Whether you're simply one great idea or concept, a couple of steps away from taking your product to market, or an experienced start-up looking for enterprise-scale guidance, our Academy program will match your needs. We strive to create the best Social Enterprises through our Impact Accelerator - globally relevant, commercially viable, designed to scale, investment / market ready and with tangible impact models that are integral to the way your business is oriented.
Candidates applying to the Impact Accelerator should be open and receptive to mentoring and coaching, and be ready to work through milestones with accountability.
Here’s how it works:
1) Complete and submit the application form. 2) We will review all applicants and contact those selected to complete an initial pitch presentation. The selected enterprises will be given 20 minutes to provide an insight into their business and its social impact. 3) Beyond this initial panel pitch, we may seek individual meetings with enterprises to further clarify direction and strategy. This will be conducted in person or over the phone. 4) Successful applicants are notified on the basis that we believe the Impact Accelerator and Impact Academy community is the best fit for your enterprise.
The eligibility criteria applied to the Impact Accelerator program intake is:
1. Be either a for-profit or NFP company, that is focused on delivering positive social outcomes as an integral part of your business strategy and model.
2. Demonstrate that your enterprise model is commercially viable and will have the capacity to sustain into the future through trade.
3. Be able to clearly articulate the intended growth strategy and path to scalability both in terms of economics and social outcomes.
4. Be a solo founder, joint co-founders, or a team that is dedicated to pursuing the Social Enterprise venture and will be actively engaged in our Impact Accelerator program, and with our expert Impact Academy team.
5. Have a social innovation underpinned by a creative product, solution, or service that is in development, or an understanding of what is required for development. We love to see MVP’s, get an idea of your intellectual property or research, or your creative business models.
6. Completion of the online Application Form in full.
7. Ability to attend an interview and pitch (in person or via video conference) with the Impact Academy team, a review team of some trusted industry experts, and a select group of Impact Academy alumni.
We treat every selected enterprise as a scholarship funded position. The cost of delivering such a comprehensive program is offset through our scholarship partners who provide funds knowing that grass roots social innovation has the capacity to solve systemic and global inequities.
Unlike many accelerator models, we don't take an equity position upfront in the Social Enterprises coming through our program. We know our program adds significant value and our team delivers enormous benefit...but equity should be earned. Our intention is to be a true partner in businesses that prove the can produce outcomes and that we like working with. This way of working with enterprises means we essentially invite each other to be more involved on the basis of delivering outcomes.
If you're interested in participating in the region's leading Social Enterprise Accelerator program, please use this form to tell us a little about yourself, your Social Enterprise, and why you believe that you and your venture would be a strong candidate for the Impact Accelerator.
Sounds good? Complete the Impact Accelerator Program Form below now.
Applications close: 11.59pm on 16th December 2018.