• Education and Experience
o Must be a current, full-time enrolled McKendree student AT LEAST SOPHOMORE STATUS; must have attended McKendree University for at least one semester
o Some previous management or supervisory experience in a fast food of concessions operation preferred
o Knowledge and good skills in employee and public relations, food production methods and procedures, inventory systems, employee scheduling, and computer knowledge
o Driver's License; Ability to be certified in CPR and First Aid
o Federal Work Study Required
SPECIAL SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent organization, problem-solving, customer service and communication skills, and leadership qualities.
• Must be dependable
• Adhere to Student Employee Handbook, dress policy, and attend mandatory trainings
• Ability to work 8-15 hours per week, including weeknights, weekends, vacation break periods and some holidays. Weekly shift hours determined on a semester basis.
• Supervise usage at The Lair. Provide for the order, security and safety of the building and its occupants in the absence of or in addition to permanent staff.
• Responsible for assisting and meeting the informational needs of the customer and portraying a positive attitude in a professional manner.
• Responsible for enforcing McKendree University and building policies for both staff and patrons, including handling emergency situations as they arise. Consults with professional staff as appropriate.
• Responsible for assisting with training sessions, employee scheduling, supervision, and evaluation of student staff.
• Responsible for maintaining reservations, daily reports, and additional forms as needed.
• Distribute signage, materials, and check bulletin boards for proper postings
• Responsible for greeting clients sponsoring events or meetings in The Lair. Shall check the cleanliness, setup of room and exercise care in the safeguarding of property and equipment.
• Responsible for checking condition of the room after event or meeting is over. Shall close and report the conditions of the facilities at the end of the shift.
• Make hourly rounds of The Lair and concession areas to secure areas not in use, check condition of facilities, and check in with student employees on duty.
• Shall have a working knowledge of and enforce The Lair policies and procedures in addition to University policies that relate to operations at The Lair
• Shall serve as a generalist, having a basic knowledge for all working areas of the Lair and concession areas.
• Shall complete entries in the duty log throughout their shift that describes the activity in the building and concession areas. This is not only done on the hourly rounds, but anytime the Lair Manager deems important.
• Shall develop, together with other Lair Managers, a duty schedule. Lair Managers are limited to working 15 hours per week.
• Supervises staff in proper food service sanitation procedures.
• Maintains an up to date and accurate inventory. Assists with inventory purchasing.
• Responsible for all cash and prepares cash drawers for the snack bar and each concession event.
• Maintains accountability for incoming cash and safe control in the concession operations.
• Possess, or able to learn, a working knowledge of all food service equipment.
• Other duties as assigned