I’m contacting you with a short questionnaire to verify your eligibility for an upcoming usability study with Google. This study is an opportunity to provide feedback on something that's currently in development. This study will help the Google team better understand your needs in order to incorporate them into future product enhancements.
We’re currently scheduling participants for a study that takes place on:
Tuesday, July 16th, Monday, July 22nd, or Tuesday, July 30th out of our office in Fremont, WA.
Monday, August 5th, or Wednesday, August 7th out of our office in Mountain View, CA
You will only participate in one of those five days.
The study will involve developing an application using Google Cloud Platform services. The day will follow a 'hackathon' type format, which requires teams of developers working together. We are interested in recruiting teams of 2 to 5 developers. Each member of the team must complete this form. Teams can be comprised of friends, colleagues, or professional contacts.
If you're a lone developer interested in the event, then please complete the data availability section and tick the 'single developer' box. Please note, as we are interested primarily in recruiting teams of developers for this evaluation, you're more likely to be selected if you sign up with other developers.
The event will see you spend one day (9:00am - 5:30pm) working on the development of an application for the Google Cloud Platform. If you have been meaning to start a project for the Google Cloud Platform, or would like to explore its offerings, this is the perfect opportunity to work on your own project with the help of Google engineers.
This evaluation is perfectly suited for a team of developers who have an idea for an application already in mind. If selected, we will ask you to provide details of the application you wish to build. If you do not have an idea for an application, do not worry, we have some ideas to get you started!
If you’re interested in participating, please complete the questionnaire below. If you're selected, we’ll then be in touch directly to discuss details and set your appointment time. Please note that Google will not be paying for transportation; select a location close to you.
Details of the study:
- The duration of the study is one full day. The day will begin at 9:00am and finish at 5:30pm.
- This study requires teams of 2 to 5 developers. You will work on developing your own application. You will own everything you will develop.
- You’ll receive a $150 gift code by email from Perks, our incentives distributor, as a token of our appreciation. Their online catalog includes gift cards from VISA and a variety of retailers in fashion, housewares, sporting goods, books and more. Gift card options can be viewed at http://www.google.com/forms/perks/index1.html. If your company policies do not allow you to accept gifts, we can offer a $150 credit at JustGive.org to make a donation to the charity of your choice.
- Lunch will be provided onsite. Refreshments will be provided throughout the day.
- Each participant will receive a Google swag bag containing a T-shirt and other smaller items of Google merchandise.
To participate you will need to:
-Be at least 18 years old
-Accept the terms of our Usability Non-Disclosure Agreement
-Allow us to video and/or audio record the session
**Please note that you won’t be compensated for responding to this questionnaire; you’ll receive a gratuity only if you actually attend a study session with Google.**
Thank you for your time.
Andrew Macvean, firstname.lastname@example.org
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
If you have any questions about our usability studies visit:
You were contacted by Google User Experience Research because you previously signed up at http://www.google.com/usability to participate in our usability studies.
If you no longer want to receive emails from Google User Experience Research you can unsubscribe at http://uxr-optout.appspot.com