Request edit access
Botetourt County Fair 4-H/FFA Market Lamb and Commercial Ewe Show
August 9, 2019
Weigh In- 2:00 - 4:00 pm
Show- 5:00 pm
Classes: Birth Date
1. Senior Showmanship 16-19 years of age (as of September 30, 2019)
2. Intermediate Showmanship 13-15 years of age (as of September 30, 2019)
3. Junior Showmanship 9-12 years of age (as of September 30, 2019)
4. Novice Showmanship First Year Showing Lambs and no more than 12 years old (as of 9/30/19)
5. Market Lamb Classes Market Lamb classes divided by weight
6. Commercial Ewe Classes Commercial Ewe Classes divided by weight
1. Competition open to Virginia 4-H Club and FFA members with exceptions as noted.
2. Market lambs must be owned and cared for by the exhibitor. Exhibitor must enter their own lamb in showmanship classes.
3. Entries are limited to 3 market lambs and 3 commercial ewes per exhibitor
4. Market Lamb classes will be divided by weight. Management requires that the lambs must weigh at least 70lbs to show, below 70lbs will be placed in a feeder lamb class and will not be eligible for the Championship Drive.
5. Market lambs must be shown with 1/4” of wool or less above the knees and hocks. Fleece length will be checked when lambs are weighed.
6. Market lambs must be either wethers or ewes. Wethers must show no evidence of testicular tissue and be completely healed from castration.
7. Market lambs should be born on or after January 1 of the current year.
8. Commercial ewes should be born on or after January 1st, 2018 and will be shown by weight.
9. Commercial ewes may not be shown in the Market Lamb classes and Market Lambs may not be shown in the
Commercial ewe classes.
10. There will be one showmanship division for all sheep exhibitors.
11. Entry fees are $10.00/hd and should be mailed to: VCE-Botetourt, PO Box 217 Fincastle, VA 24090, postmarked by August 2nd, 2019.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Virginia Tech.