Please join the Interfaith Immigration Coalition on on Monday, August 10th at 4PM Eastern Time for a webinar: Immigrant and Refugee Communities and the Budget: Cut Backs, Carve Outs and Other Risks
When Congress returns from summer recess on September 8th, a central focus of their work will be to create a budget for next year and to pass a tax bill. There is high drama surrounding these actions and discussion of yet another possible government shut down.
Many of the programs and tax benefits currently aiding immigrant and refugee communities are at risk for significant cuts. As anti-immigrant fervor grows – stoked by presidential candidates like Donald Trump – it creates an environment that could have serious implications for our immigrant brothers and sisters.
We invite you to join this webinar so that our faith communities are informed about the risks to key programs and can prepare to defend them this fall.
This webinar will include discussions with faith leaders and policy experts about:
• opportunities and risks associated with making the refundable Earned Income Tax Credit
(EITC) and Refundable Child Tax Credit permanent as well as efforts to expand the EITC
• impacts of budget cuts on food, housing and other vital safety net programs.
• funding for refugee assistance overseas and resettlement in the United States
• “real world” impacts that proposed cuts would have on services provided to specific
• impacts of budget cuts on addressing the root causes of migration and the treatment of
• anti-immigrant legislation that is likely to come up for a vote in the Senate in September
Date: Monday, August 10th
Time: 4:00 PM EST
Call In Number: 805-399-1000, Code 104402
Link for the visual portion is http://join.me/faith4immigration
Please RSVP using this form below.