The FACT2 is seeking input from our campus interest on the following topics related to the Open SUNY initiative. Issues related to OPEN SUNY include:
1. Guaranteed transferability of courses from SUNY to SUNY. This includes all Gen Ed courses and Gen Ed requirements as well as transferability of Foundations courses in all programs.
2. Development of a set of SUNYwide online programs hosted by SUNY campuses who would offer at least 50% of the coursework. The programs could integrate courses from throughout the system.
3. Adding at least ten new Bachelor's programs based on expertise from all the campuses with partnerships between and among campuses. Also adding Master's programs.
4. Financial aid would come from the host campus. The idea is to grow enrollments based on tuition.
5. Development of a set of system-wide Open Educational Resources (OERs) which are openly licensed for reuse, usually through a Creative Commons license, which can be integrated into any type of learning environment, including being printed and bound.
6. Possibly transfer credits for students attending MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) with faculty from SUNYs overseeing and evaluating student work in those MOOCs.
7. Use of a single online platform SUNYwide, probably Blackboard.
Note below your level of interest in or concern about the following aspects of the Open SUNY initiative.