Request edit access
2020 Volunteer SignUp
Interested in Science? Interested in Activism? Want to make a difference? Volunteer with March for Science NYC! This year's march will be held on April 19th at Foley Square starting at 11:30 pm. Everyone is welcome to participate in the march, and if you're feeling up to it sign up to volunteer! Additional details about the march can be found on our website
• Social Media: Help create and schedule content across platforms (Twitter/Instagram/Facebook). Work with the event and graphic design teams to promote events
• Photography: Cover MFS NYC events to provide photos for social media, our website, and promo materials
• PR: Assist with press inquiries for events/campaigns. Proofread any copy on web/print materials
• Graphic Design: Work with outreach/comms teams to create promotional graphics. Work with web team to update/create website graphics
• Blog Writing: Write 1-2 blog posts/month on the intersection of science, policy, and advocacy. Write summaries for MFS NYC events
• Event Logistics: Assist with general logistics including scheduling and budgeting. Work with outreach/communications teams to advertise events.
• Marshal/Chant Leader: Marshals will be in charge of crowd control directing marchers along the march route. Marshals will also play a key part in keeping positive upbeat energy throughout the event initiating chants and ensuring that the crowd is excited and high energy throughout the event.
• Voter Registration: Volunteers will be participating in educating and registering attendees to vote, making sure that all the questions regarding polling places and voter forms are answered. Volunteers will be able to register attendees to vote on the spot.
• Set-Up: Volunteers will assist in setting up before the event. Volunteers will hand out signs to visitors, check-in guests, and assist with various tasks throughout the morning. Volunteers are required to report to Foley Square at 11 AM.
OUTREACH & PARTNERSHIPS POSITIONS
• General: Share MFS NYC events with personal/professional networks. Find opportunities for collaboration with local partners on events/campaigns
Please enter your full name.
Please enter your e-mail address.
What position are you interested in?
Outreach & Partnership Positions
For communications and programming positions*, please describe any previous experience if any, and send us links to your portfolio, writing samples, etc. if available.
Please provide us with the group that you will be attending with and how many people are coming with you (if applicable)?
Please provide us with your phone number. We will only be in contact with you if necessary on the day of the march and will not share your contact information outside of the MFS organizing committee.
Are you interested in being a regular member of March for Science NYC and participate in events all year round?
Do you have any special accommodations that we should know of?
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of New York University.