If you are requesting multiple days, please list all requested days for each first, second and third choice. Before selecting dates, please check our calendar for available dates by following this link: https://tinyurl.com/yceoef6u
Please note, we are closed Mondays.
• Mitchell Lake Audubon Center’s cancellation policy: If school/organization fails to attend or cancel within ten (10) weekdays of scheduled program for any reason, school/organization is responsible for 30% of the total based upon the number of participants indicated on this form. This fee will not be assessed if Mitchell Lake Audubon Center cancels the program.
• Mitchell Lake Audubon Center does not cancel programs in light-to-moderate rain; Audubon believes there is ample opportunity for learning in this environment and provides students a unique opportunity to explore nature in various weather conditions.
• Mitchell Lake Audubon Center does not conduct programs under the following conditions: thunder/lightning in the area; heavy rain, sleet, or snow, or temperatures below 40°F.
• School/Organization will provide one NON-Mitchell Lake Audubon Center teacher/supervising adult for every ten (10) children. Mitchell Lake Audubon Center educators are not responsible for student discipline.
• All Mitchell Lake Audubon Center Liability Waivers for children and adults must be signed prior to school/organization arrival at Mitchell Lake. No child will be allowed to participate without a liability form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Any child that arrives without a signed waiver is required to stay in the Visitor’s Center supervised by a School/Organization adult.
• School/Organization must review all students’ liability forms prior to arrival to ensure they are properly completed. Audubon staff will review to ensure each participant has a signed liability waiver.
• Participants are required to carry plenty of water with them during the program. All should wear clothing appropriate for expected weather and closed-toe shoes.
• All participants will adhere to educator instructions provided while onsite.
• Individuals with allergies including insect bites/stings should bring any required antidotes or medications and keep them on their person at all times.
• Payment is due on day of program unless otherwise arranged with Mitchell Lake Audubon Center staff; cash, check, and credit cards are accepted. Returned checks due to insufficient funds will incur a $30 fee.
• Mitchell Lake Audubon Center asks all participating teachers/supervising adults to complete written program evaluations which serve as an important component in our ongoing development of effective curricula and program delivery.
• Confirmation letter for distribution to all participating teachers with tips for the day of your visit
• Student and adult liability forms - No child will be allowed to participate without a liability form signed by their parent or legal guardian. Any child that arrives without a signed waiver will be required to stay in the Visitor’s Center supervised by a School/Organization adult.
• Directions to Mitchell Lake Audubon Center