Within the project PCi and YCCD are organizing a Training of Trainers (ToT) program in “Youth Participation in Governance and Peacebuilding”. PCi and YCCD will hold the training in Dilijan in August 11-16, 2019 for persons with experience of training or youth work across Armenia in order to teach them how to deliver the modules in a live setting and to elicit feedback that may help to improve the quality of the modules by making them more tailored to Armenian realities. The modules, developed by the PCi team, will cover topics on the concepts of conflict and peace, introduction to conflict transformation and peacebuilding, youth work and youth participation, UNSCR 2250 and other relevant themes.
The ToT, which will be conducted in English or Russian, will be made available to 15 trainers/youth workers, who will be selected by PCi and YCCD by application review and interviews (in-person or remote). Of the 15 persons trained, the best 6 participants will be selected to participate in testing the four training modules at three youth communities in Tavush Marz: Noyemberyan, Ijevan and Dilijan. The project will organise a series of four workshops (one for each prepared module) at each of the 3 communities in Tavush Marz (12 workshops in total). The workshops will be organised by YCCD in Autumn 2019. The modules will be delivered by the selected (best) 6 participants of the ToT: 2 trainers for each of the three communities. In addition to delivering a learning objective to the workshop participants, the workshops will solicit feedback from the participants that will help to improve the quality of the material, the presentation of the material, and the relevance of the material to an Armenian audience. All the costs of 15 ToT participants, including transportation, accommodation and meals will be covered by the organisers. Modest remuneration will be provided to the selected 6 trainers who deliver these modules.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS OF TOT PARTICIPANTS:
Qualified candidates should have:
- minimum of 4-5 years professional experience in public sphere and/or NGO work: youth organisations, peacebuilding, human rights, education, international relations, conflict resolution, political science, economics, etc.
- familiarity with interactive training methodology
- strong English or Russian language skills
- ability to work as a part of a team
- ability to meet deadlines and perform responsibilities independently and in a well-organized manner
- availability for delivering trainings for youth groups in Tavush marz in Autumn 2019.