RISE’s work is based in Aurora Public Schools in Aurora, the most diverse city and school district in Colorado. Our theory of change is that those most impacted by the inequity that exists MUST lead the movement for change. Who is most impacted by educational inequity? Low-income families and families of color. Just like women led the suffrage movement, Cesar Chavez and Dolores Huerta led the farm workers’ movement, and Martin Luther King, Jr and Rosa Parks led the Civil Rights movement, low-income families and families of color must lead the movement for themselves with RISE as an ally if we’re ever going to truly achieve educational equity. This is what we believe in and work towards achieving every day. We’re looking for an Administrative Assistant to join us in this movement!
Reporting to the CEO and working in close collaboration with CEO and RISE team, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for personalized administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner. This position requires flexibility and professionalism.
At RISE Colorado, the Administrative Assistant, will be a key member of a high-performing team supporting an ambitious growth plan. The ideal candidate will be an entrepreneurial professional with strong technical skills in scheduling, verbal and written communication, a passion for our mission, and great organizational and time management skills. We’re looking to add someone to our team that is energetic, detail oriented, critically conscious, and passionate about empowering families. Applicants must also be flexible, able to handle multiple projects at any given time, and demonstrate strong relationship building skills.
This is an incredible opportunity to join an organization founded by women of color who grew up in the community where RISE works. RISE Colorado was named the winner of Teach For America’s 2014 Social Innovation Award, Inaugural Winner of the Leadership for Educational Equity Venture Fund & Fellowship, and has been recognized as a Bright Spot in Hispanic Education by the White House Initiative on Educational Excellence for Hispanics. RISE has been covered globally, nationally and locally for their work with families. To learn more about RISE Colorado, applicants can watch this video, and view the website, as well as RISE’s Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram accounts.
Interested individuals should complete an application here, and submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: RISE Administrative Assistant Role.
The Administrative Assistant’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Conserve the CEO’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents, collecting and analyzing information and initiating telecommunications• Execute inbox management, sorting emails by order of importance and flagging urgent communications • Draft emails to match CEO’s writing style and tone as directed
• Maintains executive's appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel• Safeguard the CEO’s work time from conflicting events• Safeguard the CEO’s availability and time by deliberate and mindful schedule management
• Organize and store digital and physical documents• Complete all reimbursements, collect archives, and forward receipts to office manager• Assist with filing, copying, printing, and scanning as needed• Develop and utilize filing and retrieval systems• Create presentations, briefs, and reports as needed
• Provide support for the board of directors, including but not limited to: coordinating logistics of and attending board and executive committee meetings, note-taking and timely drafting and editing of meeting minutes, disseminating pre- and post-meeting materials, and preparing and maintaining of board books • Attend leadership meetings and team meetings as needed to take notes and organize documentation
Phone and Text Correspondence Support for the CEO
• Field phone calls and texts • Return calls and texts • Initiate phone and text reach outs
Social Media Management
• Manage CEO’s business profiles on LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter
• Serve as the liaison between the CEO, the Leadership Team and the staff at large
First and foremost, the Administrative Assistant must embrace the RISE mission to educate, engage and empower low-income families and families of color to RISE as change agents for educational equity in our public school system. Candidates must have access to reliable transportation and availability to work some weekends and evenings along with the following qualifications:
• Complete discretion and confidentiality regarding documents, communication, and other classified information• Strong organizational and communications skills including excellent writing, proofreading, and note-taking skills• Accurate, thorough, detail oriented and dependable• Advanced skills in Microsoft Suite (especially Excel), Adobe, Google Suite, PC and Mac computers, Social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)• Willingness to learn additional programs and applications• High level of expertise regarding technology troubleshooting (projectors, printers, computers, software)• Exemplary planning and time management skills• Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision• Customer relations, professionalism and public relations skills
• Minimum of two years of administrative assistant or related experience • Previous experience in a non-profit setting preferred• Minimum of an Associate degree preferred
Mindsets & Characteristics
• A history of achieving results and willingness to do "whatever it takes" to reach goals and support the CEO reach their goals and the ambitious vision of RISE• A constant learner who is interested in being a proactive, positive member of the team• High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence• Critically conscious and social justice minded. Ready to combat the inequities that face low-income families and families of color on a daily basis• Have a strong understanding of how class, culture and race intersect and impact education• A willingness to engage in critical and reflective conversations about race, class, power, and privilege
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must have the abilities or aptitudes to perform each essential function proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation. The organization reserves the right to modify, delete, or add job duties, responsibilities, and skills that are stated in this job description at any time.
Classification: Full-time and Non-Exempt
Compensation and Benefits: Commensurate with experience - $17 to $20 per hour This opportunity is complemented by a generous benefits package, including: paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, and 401(k) with employer contribution.
You must complete the two steps below if you would like to be considered for this position:
1. Fill out RISE’s online application (below)2. Email your cover letter, resume and three professional references to email@example.com with the subject line: RISE Administrative Assistant Role3. The deadline to apply is Wednesday, October 31, 2018
If these steps are not completed, you will not be considered for this position. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
RISE Colorado is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. RISE Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.