Request edit access
Student survey for learning preferences.
When you study for a test, would you rather...
1. Read your notes, review headings, diagrams and illustrations in a textbook.
2. Have someone ask you questions.
3. Use digital quizzes and flashcards.
When listening to music I...
2. Hum along
3. Move with the music, tap, etc.
When solving a problem, I...
1. Make a list, organize the steps, and check them off as they are done.
2. Talk to friends or experts.
3. Make a model of the problem or walk through all the steps in my mind.
When you read for fun, do you prefer...
1. An interactive book with a lot of pictures.
2. A mystery book with a lot of conversation in it.
3. A book where you answer questions and solve problems (if only in your head).
When learning how to do something new, would you rather...
1. Watch a video about it.
2. Listen to someone and explain it and be able to ask questions.
3. Take it apart and try to figure it out for yourself.
You have just entered a science museum, what would you do first?
1. Look around and find a map showing the locations of the various exhibits.
2. Talk to a museum guide and ask about exhibits.
3. Go into the first exhibit that looks interesting, and read directions later.
What kind of restaurant or store would you rather NOT go to?
1. One with the lights too bright.
2. One with the music too loud.
3. One with uncomfortable chairs.
Would you rather go to...
1. An art class
2. A music class
3. An exercise class
Which are you most likely to do when you are happy?
2. Shout with joy
3. Do a happy dance
If you were at a party, what would you be most likely to remember the next day?
1. The faces of the people there, but not the names
2. The names but not the faces
3. The things you did and said while you were there
When you see the word "d - o - g", what do you do first?
1. Think of a picture of a particular dog
2. Say the word "dog" to yourself silently
3. Sense the feeling of being with a dog (petting it, running with it, etc)
When you tell a story, would you rather...
1. Write it
2. Tell it aloud
3. Act it out
What is MOST distracting for you when you are trying to concentrate?
1. Visual distractions
3. Other sensations like, hunger, tight shoes, or worry
What are you most likely to do when you are angry?
2. Shout or "blow up"
3. Stomp off and slam doors
When you aren't sure how to spell a word, which of these are you most likely to do?
1. Write it out to see if it looks right
2. Sound it out
3. Look it up in a dictionary
Which are you most likely to do when standing in a long line?
1. Look at posters or advertising.
2. Talk to the person next to you.
3. Tap or move around in some way.
What technology do you use at home? You may choose more than one.
Do you have internet at home:
Are you allowed to use technology to complete homework?
Do you currently have a Rochester Public Library card?
What is your favorite thing to do for fun?
In school, what are you good at?
In school, what is hard for you?
What kind of job/career interests you?
What TV show, movie or type of music do you like?
What school subject do you like best?
Page 1 of 1
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Rochester School District.
Terms of Service