Request edit access
Choose the best answer for each of the 25 questions below. This is not an exam, so relax and do your best. This exercise will take you 10-15 minutes. Good luck! (And remember to sign up for your personal speaking interview.)
1. When can we meet again?
When are you free?
It was two days ago.
Can you help me?
2. My aunt is going to stay with me.
How do you do?
How long for?
How was it?
3. When do you study?
in the evenings
in the library
4. Would you prefer lemonade or orange juice?
Have you got anything else?
If you like.
Are you sure about that?
5. Let's have dinner now.
You aren't eating.
There aren't any.
Tom isn't here yet.
6. The snow was ...... heavily when I left the house.
7. I can't find my keys anywhere - I ...... have left them at work.
8. When a car pulled out in front of her, Jane did well not to ...... control of her bicycle.
9. According to Richard's ...... the train leaves at 7 o'clock.
10. When you stay in a country for some time you get used to the people's ...... of life.
11. The builders are ...... good progress with the new house.
12. She is now taking a more positive ...... to her studies and should do well.
13. My father ...... his new car for two weeks now.
14. What differences are there ...... the English spoken in the UK and the English spoken in the US?
15. At 6 p.m. I started to get angry with him because he was late ...
16. ...... you get your father's permission, I'll take you skiing next weekend.
17. A local company has agreed to ...... the school team with football shirts.
18. I really enjoy stories that are ...... in the distant future.
19. That old saucepan will come in ...... when we go camping.
20. Anyone ...... after the start of the play is not allowed in until the interval.
21. I didn't ...... driving home in the storm so I stayed overnight in a hotel.
22. The judge said that those prepared to...... in crime must be ready to suffer the consequences.
23. Marianne seemed to take ...... at my comments on her work.
24. You should not have a dog if you are not ...... to look after it.
25. The farmhouse was so isolated that they had to generate their own electricity ...
This test was taken from
, a free online level test.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Tea or Coffee School of English.
Terms of Service