• Year-round housing options (between semesters & summer)
• One semester course connecting you with your peers and the community
• Connect you with other campus department services
• Money management skills training
• Assistance in finding on-campus jobs
• Academic advising and workshops
• Skills Assessment
• Individualized support
• Peer advising
• Wellness advising
To apply for the Guardian Scholars program, an application and supporting materials are required and must be submitted by or postmarked on or before Friday, May 1, 2013 to receive priority consideration. Fax, mail and email information is listed at the bottom of this page.
• Online submission of the SJSU Guardian Scholars Application - Fall 2013 (applications will be date stamped)
• Mail, email, drop off or fax the essay & proof of status by May 1, 2013
1. Required Essay - Refer to page 3 of online application for details
2. Proof of Status - A copy of one of the following:
• Your Dependency/Wardship Card
• Dependency/wardship letter from the appropriate county
• Guardianship paperwork documenting that you were appointed a legal guardian through a juvenile court proceeding
• Statement from you that describes your homeless situation and documentation from one of the officials listed here confirming your status: A McKinney –Vento Act school district liaison or a director of an emergency shelter program or a director of a run away or homeless youth basic center.
* Guardian Scholars applicants are mandated to have been in foster care or a ward of the court for at minimum one (1) day between the ages of 13-18 years.