Charge of the GTD Ad Hoc CommitteeThe members of this committee will be charged with assessing the alignment of the district’s GTD program with our goals and vision. They will also seek to deepen their understanding of instructional practices that are designed to enrich the learning experience for all students. They will then use the results of their assessment and the information they collect on instructional practices to determine what changes, if any, they would recommend making to the district’s program. Those recommendations will be shared with the Board of Education and administration.
Dr. Yvette Jackson will help facilitate the work of this committee in conjunction with the support she is providing on the overall exploration of the district’s current GTD program.
Composition of the CommitteeWe believe having an equal number of educators and parent/guardians on the GTD Ad Hoc Committee will help ensure that there is an equity of voices, opinions and experiences guiding our work. Below is the composition of the committee.
● Two Board of Education members● Eight District 97 employees – one from each elementary school representing a diversity of roles and responsibilities● Eight parents/guardians – one from the attendance area of each elementary school representing a diversity of services offered to our students
Selection Criteria and Service Expectations Below are the criteria Dr. Kelley will use to select the members of the GTD Ad Hoc Committee, and the service expectations each member must adhere to:
● The panel will represent the diversity (e.g., race, gender, income level, etc.), experience and expertise of our community.
● Applicants must fall into at least one of the following categories:o Current or future District 97 parent/guardiano Current District 97 employee
● Applicants must be able to attend each monthly meeting. These meetings are currently scheduled to take place on September 25, October 16, November 20 and December 18 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. (location is TBD).
● Applicants must be willing to fully participate in all aspects of the process, and be comfortable working with others in a collaborative team environment.
Timing/Method of Application Process The call for applications will go out the first day of school (Wednesday, August 23), and the deadline to submit them for consideration will be 4:30 p.m. on Friday, September 8.
All applicants will be notified about the results of the selection process the week of September 18.