The Board will also meet with higher-level university administrators across campus. In previous years, the board has met with Royster Harper, the vice president of Student Affairs, Erica Sanders, the director of the Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Anthony Walesby from the Office of Institutional Equity and others. The Board has worked together with active student groups across campus, including the U of M branch of the American Civil Liberties Union, the Michigan Student Assembly and the Residence Hall Association.
Previous years' accomplishments range from the implementation of the Gender Inclusive Living Experience (GILE), training with the Office of Admission Staff, addition of LGBT Health website link, and the development of resources for international LGBTQA students. Currently in process are 1) create APP for Gender Inclusive Bathroom locations, accessibility routes and more and 2) discussions of LGBTQ climate in Greek Life. Now in its sixth year, the board invites new members to continue developing well-informed proposals for change based on ongoing and emerging concerns, both shared and specific.
Composition and Format of Board:
1. The Board will be composed of a diverse group of both undergraduate and graduate students. All students on the Board are selected through an application process. (between 10-15 members)
2. Additional individuals from across the University may attend as invited guests.
3. Students will have the responsibility to inform the board on issues identified by the group in addition to providing recommendations for resolution.
1. Board members will be responsible for attending all meetings.
2. Board members are responsible in attending Division of Student Affairs Training sponsored by Vice President of Student Affairs, Wednesday, October 2, 2013, 7:00-9:00pm
3. Board members will be responsible for completing their assigned/chosen tasks and reporting their progress to the Co-Chairs and the other board members.
1. Every year the Board will have an Orientation Retreat. Topics which students would like to see addressed during the upcoming year will be discussed with suggestions/ requests from Co-Chairs.
2. Meetings are scheduled on Thursdays from 5:30-7:00pm and will occur every other week.
Dates for 2013-2014:
September 26: 6:00pm-9:00pm - extended for issue planning and dinner at Sava’s
October 3, 17, 31
January 16, 30
February 13, 27
March 13, 27
April 10: 5:30pm-7:30pm - extended for celebratory dinner