Exceptions to this requirement may be made at the discretion of the Dean of Students on a case-by-case basis. Following the first year, students can apply to live off campus using one of the provisions listed below:
1. For the entire period in question, the student will continue to live with his/her parents or court appointed legal guardian(s) in the family home where the street address of the home is no more than fifteen (15) miles from campus.
2. The student is twenty three (23) years of age or older at the time of admittance to the University or if the student turns twenty three (23) before degree completion.
3. The student is married. Students with plans to marry during the time they are required to live on campus will be required to live on-campus up to the date of the wedding.
4. The student is the legal custodial parent or court appointed custodial guardian of a minor, child or children.
5. The student is registered with the Student Disability Services program with a documented disability, and is able to provide appropriate documentation to verify the need for a reasonable accommodation in the student residence facility that the University is not able to provide. Students who would like to submit a request for approval to live off-campus consistent with the circumstances listed above should submit a request to the Dean of Students.
6. The student obtains senior status, in good academic standing, and is the age of twenty one (21) before the first day of classes for the semester in question.
The University reserves the right to consider each request on a case-by-case basis, and to request and receive any and all documentation deemed necessary to verify the information submitted with the request. As part of the approval process, a legally recognized parent or court-appointed legal guardian must sign the request.
A minimum of five (5) business days is required to process requests. The student is advised not to enter into any off campus lease or rental agreement before the University makes its determination with regard to the student’s request.
The determination made by the Dean of Students with regard to all requests is final.
***FINANCIAL AID***: Students must check with Financial Aid before receiving final clearance to live off-campus. Many scholarships are tied to the student living off-campus and the student may lose that financial aid if they move off-campus. It is the students’ responsibility to weigh their options in terms of financial aid packages and choose their best option. Exceptions are NOT granted for scholarships tied to on-campus living.
To gain approval from the Dean of Students, the student must meet with a Financial Aid Counselor to discuss their financial aid package.
***By submitting this form, you acknowledge that you are acting with full knowledge of any/all financial aid repercussion.***