Request edit access
Learn to Chant Registration Form
Event Timing: Meets biweekly Thursdays 6:30 -7:30 pm.
Event Address: 9400 West Congress St. Milwaukee. WI
Meeting dates: January 24, February 7 & 21, March 7 & 21, April 4 & 18, May 2, 16 & 30.
Description and Objectives:
This is a beginner class, starts from scratch. Introduction to essentials of chanting. Participants will learn to chant simple melodies in all the Byzantine modes. The class will be led by Annunciation's very own Protopsaltis Mr. Nicholas Roumas.
I understand I will need to pay $40 for the course and do my best by attending the classes and doing the work required.
1. Introduction. Reading Greek. Musical scale.
2. Reading Byzantine notation: Characters of quantity.
3. Reading Byzantine notation: Characters of time.
4. Reading Byzantine notation: Characters of quality.
5. Prosomia: Mode plagal 4.
6. Prosomia: Mode 1.
7. Prosomia: Mode 4.
8. Prosomia: Mode plagal 1.
9. Prosomia: Mode 3 & Grave Mode.
10. Prosomia: Modes 2 & plagal 2.
Never submit passwords through Google Forms.
This form was created inside of Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church.
Terms of Service