A. 1810 ACCELERATOR INFORMATION
Location: Room 160, 1st Floor – 1810 Liacouras Walk, Temple University Main Campus
Hours of Operation: The 1810 Accelerator is open during IEI Hours of Operation as posted on the IEI website and on site. The IEI reserves the right to change the hours from time to time without notice, including for special events.
Term of Membership: The initial term of membership is from Tuesday, March 26, 2019 through to August 2, 2019. Membership and swipe access is granted on a semester basis, although the IEI reserves the right to revoke membership at any time for good cause and as outlined in this Agreement. Members may need to reapply for access in subsequent semesters.
B. MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS
1. Unlimited access to the 1810 Accelerator, excluding the Creativity Lab, within outlined hours of operation.
2. When available, access to supplies and equipment stored in the Creativity Lab with approval from an IEI Staff member.
3. 1810 Accelerator members can request reservations for the following rooms located in the 1st Floor of 1810 Building. Members will be restricted to (4) hours TOTAL of room reservations per month. Please
note that all requests cannot be guaranteed due to previously scheduled meetings or events, but we will do our best to accommodate all requests. Please complete this form for all room reservation requests.
o 131 Conference Room
o 162 Conference Room
o 141-143 Huddle Room (3 total) o Creativity Lab
4. Lockers and booths will be assigned on a priority basis by the Accelerator Director. Please contact the Accelerator Director if you would like more information on reserving a locker.
C. USAGE POLICIES
1. You will use all reasonable efforts to maintain cleanliness by following these guidelines:
o You will clean up after yourself if you spill or make a mess in community space.
o You will not leave food in the refrigerator after Friday at 3:00pm, or it will be thrown away.
o You will clean any kitchen equipment or supplies that you or your guests may use.
o You will throw away your trash.
o You will put back any furniture or supplies that you used.
2. You will not give another individual your Temple University issued ID card to gain access to the 1810 Accelerator.
3. You will maintain the confidentiality of information disclosed or discussed in the 1810 Accelerator. You will not disclose, take, copy or use information belonging to other members or their guests, without permission.
4. You will not use the 1810 Accelerator in a “retail,” “medical,” or other nature involving frequent visits by members of the public, or for domestic or residential purposes.
5. You may not consume alcoholic beverages in the 1810 Accelerator at any time, with the exception of during special events where alcohol is served to those over 21 years of age.
6. You are responsible for any damage to existing furniture, walls, or equipment (exceeding normal wear and tear).
7. The 1810 Accelerator cannot accept mail or packages on your behalf.
8. In order to use pictures or illustrations of the 1810 Accelerator or its staff in any advertising, publicity or other purpose, you must obtain our written consent, which can be withheld in our sole and absolute discretion.
9. Pets are not permitted inside the 1810 Accelerator, except for service animals as defined by University policy, found at https://disabilityresources.temple.edu/service-animals/
10. All employees, co-founder, co-workers or other participants in your company must sign a copy of this Agreement.
D. GUEST POLICY
1. 1810 Accelerator members are welcome to bring guests into the space, but this is restricted to only one guest per member at any given time. If you need access for more than one guest at a time (i.e. for a group meeting), please email email@example.com
at least one week in advance with your date and time request, including your list of guests, so that a booth or room can be designated for your group.
2. Some services offered by the 1810 Accelerator, including special events, workshops, open evening hours, etc. are strictly limited to 1810 Accelerator Members. Guests may not be permitted in the 1810 Accelerator during these times.
3. You are responsible for any accident, injury, theft, loss or damage caused by or resulting from the actions of any guest, and you agree to indemnify Temple University and the 1810 Accelerator against such accident, injury, theft, loss or damage.
E. SPECIAL EVENTS
1. The 1810 Accelerator will occasionally host outside groups or designated cohorts in the space for special events. During some of these events, members may not be permitted into the space, but all reasonable attempts will be made to give at least one week’s notice for these closures.
2. You understand and acknowledge that there may be alcoholic beverages on site during special events. Consistent with the alcohol policy stated above, members assume all risks associated with their own alcohol consumption, and take full responsibility for the actions and safety of any employees and guests that choose to consume alcohol. You agree to make sure that no employees or guests that are under 21 are served alcohol and agree to exercise ordinary and reasonable care at all times, and not to imbibe alcohol to the extent your judgment is impaired.
F. TERMINATION OF THIS AGREEMENT
1. We may terminate this Agreement by written notice to you under the following circumstances:
o Breach of this Agreement by you, any participant in your company, or any of your guests; o Termination of our rights in the 1810 Accelerator space;
o Breach of the Student Conduct Code of Temple University
); o Violation of any local, state or federal law or regulation;
o Any other reason that constitutes good cause, in our sole discretion.
2. Upon termination for any reason, all property of yours or your company shall be returned to you within a reasonable time.
G. LIABILITY & PERMISSIONS
1. You acknowledge and agree that Temple University and the 1810 Accelerator shall not be responsible or liable for any accident, injury, theft, loss or damage that occurs in whole or in part in the 1810 Accelerator. You hereby waive any claim which you or any of your guests, employees, heirs, successors, assigns, spouse, family members or legal representatives may have against Temple University and the 1810 Accelerator arising from or result of any such accident, injury, theft, loss or damage.
2. For marketing, and sometimes security reasons, we may record video or photographs in certain areas of the 1810 Accelerator. You consent and give your approval for the 1810 Accelerator and Temple University to use your likeness in any promotional materials.
3. The 1810 Accelerator and Temple University may use your company name and discuss publicly-available information about your company or idea (but not confidential information) when touring or promoting Temple University, the Innovation & Entrepreneurship Institute, or the 1810 Accelerator. We will ask your approval prior to using your business name, logo, and tradenames in any of our marketing materials.
4. Within reason, the 1810 Accelerator does not control and is not responsible for the actions of other members so long as they do not violate this Agreement. The 1810 Accelerator and its staff have no obligation to serve as a mediator or to participate in resolving disagreements between members.
5. This Agreement contains the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter of the Agreement. The Agreement supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, or negotiations, whether written or oral. This Agreement can only be amended through writing. This Agreement and the Code of Conduct may be revised from time to time, and you consent to be notified of such changes via the email on file.
6. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and incorporates all relevant policies, procedures and rules of Temple University and the Fox School of Business, including, but not limited to, the Student Conduct Code.